These savory Broccoli Cheddar Muffins are less than 2 net carbs each, making them the perfect keto-friendly side dish! Enjoy a cheesy muffin with your favorite soup or low carb meal!
Broccoli Cheddar Muffins
Growing up my family would always have this delicious Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread at holiday dinners. It is one of those side dishes that brings back great memories and has all of those special qualities that comfort foods should! These low carb Broccoli Cheddar Muffins are a keto-friendly spin on that classic dish.
These savory muffins are naturally gluten free and low carb. They are great as a side dish and pair perfectly with soup! If you are into meal prep this is a great option for breakfast, just add your favorite eggs and you’ve got a breakfast loaded with veggies and protein!
Broccoli Cheddar Muffin Ingredients
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. For the complete, printable recipe just keep scrolling. Here’s all you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Broccoli: fresh or frozen will work in this recipe, just be sure it is lightly steamed.
- Cheddar Cheese: shredded cheddar or a mixture of your favorite cheeses if you prefer.
- Cream Cheese: full or reduced fat will work in this recipe.
- Eggs: size large eggs are required for this recipe.
- Coconut Flour: this dish is best with coconut flour, I do not suggest making substitutions.
- Baking Powder, Salt and Pepper: provides lift and flavor to these savory muffins.
How to Make Keto Muffins
These low carb muffins are so easy! First, steam some broccoli until slightly soft. While your broccoli is steaming, combine your cream cheese, shredded cheddar and eggs. Stir in the broccoli. Next, fold in the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Very importantly, next you will chill the dough. This step is essential! Following this, spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray and scoop your mixture into the tin. Bake for 15-17 minutes at 350 degrees and you’re done!
Is broccoli keto?
Yes! Broccoli is a naturally low carb vegetable. It is also loaded with fiber, minerals and vitamins, making this an excellent healthy snack!
Can you meal prep low carb cheesy bread?
Yes! These keto muffins are perfect for meal prep. You can make broccoli cheddar muffins beforehand and store them in the fridge in either a glass or plastic container with an airtight lid. These muffins will stay fresh for up to five days. You can also prep these muffins and freeze them! Simply scoop the mixture onto a baking tray and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to a plastic bag and bake when you are ready to serve. Add an addition 5-7 minutes to your baking time if making from frozen.
What to serve with keto bread
As you guys may know, I am obsessed with soup, so that’s what I served with these yummy broccoli muffins! Tomato soup is perfect for this time of year, but I made this Instant Pot Chicken Spinach Soup last week and I think these keto muffins would be the perfect side dish. This One Pan Cheesy Pasta would also be the perfect dinner to pair with this cheesy bread. If you’re looking for a kid-friendly meal, make these Keto Chicken Tenders with these broccoli bites for a protein and veggie packed meal!
More broccoli recipes:
- Keto Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole with Cauliflower Rice
- Cheddar Roasted Broccoli (keto + low carb)
- Keto Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Hot Pocket
- Keto Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
Other keto side dishes
- Keto Three Cheese Biscuits
- Prosciutto and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
- Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Tots (keto + low carb)
- Crispy Zucchini Fries (keto + low carb)
Broccoli Cheddar Muffins (keto + low carb)
- 3 cups lightly steamed broccoli
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Steam the broccoli until it has softened slightly.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and eggs. Stir in the broccoli.
- Fold in the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Chill dough 10 minutes to allow the flour to absord the moisture. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
- Lightly spray a standard 12 count muffin pan with cooking spray. Spoon the mixture into the pan and bake 15-17 minutes until the muffins have set.