This Keto Raspberry Tequila Smash is the perfect keto drink! Mint, tequila and a sugar free simple syrup are combined in this delicious skinny cocktail, all for under 3 net carbs!
Keto Raspberry Tequila Smash
This is going to become one of your new go-to keto cocktails! Fresh mint leaves, tasty raspberries, keto simple syrup, tangy lime juice, your favorite tequila and bubbly soda water are combined to make this delicious Keto Raspberry Tequila Smash! This sugar free cocktail comes in at only 2.9 net carbs, making it perfect for your keto diet!
This Tequila Smash is light, tangy and bright! I love the pink color of the drink and I think the raspberry red really pops in the glass! I love this tequila drink for so many different get-togethers. Serve this at brunch, a barbecue, bridal showers, birthdays- this is great for any occasion! Your guests won’t believe it when you tell them their drink is low carb!
Ingredients in this Tequila Smash
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Keto Tequila cocktail. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Mint leaves – This brings a very fresh, herbal flavor, but this drink is also tasty without it.
- Raspberries – I used fresh raspberries, but you could use thawed, previously frozen raspberries as well.
- Lime juice – Bottled or fresh is fine.
- Tequila – I used Silver, but your favorite kind will be fine.
- Soda water – This makes the drink so light, bubbly, and fresh! Flavored soda water could result in delicious, fun variations, too!
- Keto Simple Syrup – You can make this with liquid monk fruit sweetener or allulose.
How do I make this keto drink?
You won’t believe this, but this keto alcoholic drink is ready in only 2 easy steps!
- Muddle together your raspberries, mint leaves, simple syrup and lime juice in a glass.
- Add ice and tequila. If you want a lighter drink, add some soda water. Garnish with raspberry or lime and serve!
Keto Simple Syrup
I am obsessed with this Keto Simple Syrup! I’ve used it in so many of my keto cocktails. It’s sugar free, zero calorie and zero carbs! All it is is a blend of Liquid Monkfruit Sweetener and water! This homemade simple syrup will last for 2 months in the fridge, so go ahead and whip up a batch so you can be prepared for your next keto happy hour!
Here’s how you make sugar free simple syrup- stir one tablespoon of the liquid monk fruit into one cup of water. That’s it! The simple syrup can be used immediately and can be stored in the fridge or on your counter. Alternatively, you can also make a simple syrup by dissolving 1 1/4 cup of allulose into 1 cup water! This results in a thicker syrup and has less of an aftertaste than monk fruit. It’s a great option as well!
How can I use this homemade simple syrup?
I could gush on and on about all the delicious ways you can make use of this Keto Simple Syrup! You can use it in any drink that calls for simple syrup. I love it in this Sugar Free Lemonade, my favorite classic Keto Margarita or a super fun Pickleback Cocktail!
Tips for the best keto tequila drink
- Customize it! I love raspberries, but I also think that peaches would be fantastic in this cocktail. Adding peaches will change the carb count, so keep that in mind.
- If you don’t like the raspberry pieces floating in your drink, simply make this drink in a shaker, then strain the drink when you pour it into your glass.
- Only skip the mint if you really have to! The flavor from the fresh mint leaves add a great depth of flavor that really brings all the elements of this drink together.
- Liquor tends to come in large bottles, and if you’re making a pitcher of this delicious keto cocktail, it can be confusing to make the right measurements. Check out this handy guide for How Many Cups in a Quart to take the guesswork out!
Is tequila keto?
Yes, tequila is keto! Tequila is naturally completely free of any carbs. When mixing tequila with low-carb ingredients (and the 0-net carb simple syrup), it’s easy to make your favorite cocktails into keto friendly drinks!
What should I serve with this keto drink?
Personally, I think this drink would go really well with Greek or Mediterranean flavors. Serve this keto drink alongside this Greek Cucumber Salad or with a Healthy Greek Bowl. For your main course, try Grilled Salmon Kabobs or Shrimp Skewers with a side of Keto Tzatziki!
For a fun spring brunch, serve with Blackberry Brie Bites and Key Lime Pie Stuffed Strawberries! If serving as an after-dinner drink with dessert, consider adding these Salted Dark Chocolate Cheesecakes. The dark chocolate elements work well with the tangy lime, fresh mint, and sweet raspberry!
More keto cocktails
Keto Raspberry Tequila Smash
- In a glass, muddle raspberries and mint leaves with the simple syrup and lime juice.
- Add ice to the glass, then pour in the tequila. If you prefer a lighter drink, fill the rest with soda water. Top with a raspberry or lime garnish and serve immediately!