Try this Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Skillet packed with pan seared chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers and onions. This easy one pan recipe has less than 5 net carbs per serving!
The most popular recipes on this site and my easy one pan dinners. I think it’s a universal truth that we all look for something to make life a little more streamlined, a little easier. There is nothing that can do that quite like a good one pan recipe, is there? Today we are adding another one to the list, you are sure to love! Overflowing with tender chicken, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and creamy cheese, this Keto Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Skillet is truly the best low carb comfort food!
A naturally low carb and gluten free spin on the classic Philly cheesesteak sandwich, Keto Philly Chicken is completely hassle-free to make, contains less than 5 net carbs per serving and will be ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes. Serve these on their own, in a low carb tortilla, lettuce wrap or a bed of cauliflower rice for a hearty, healthy dinner!
Ingredients for Keto Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
You will find the exact recipe measurements and instructions in the recipe card below, but this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need:
- Bell Pepper
- Steak Marinade
- Provolone Cheese
What should I serve with Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks?
Keto Chicken Philly Steak can be served alongside whatever you fancy, so don’t be afraid to get creative. If you’re in need of some inspiration, try out these Crispy Zucchini Fries. This is my favorite side dish and it totally satisfies those french fry cravings. Some other ideas include:
- Air Fryer Garlic Butter Broccoli
- Green Bean Fries
- Garlic Butter Green Beans
- Keto Red Lobster Biscuits
How to Store Chicken
To keep Chicken Philly Cheese Steak fresh for up to 4 days in the refrigerator, make sure to transfer to a well-sealed container as soon as it has cooled after cooking.
Alternatively, If you plan to store it in the freezer, leave out the cheese to avoid splitting. You can simply add this whenever you’re ready to serve.
How to Reheat Chicken Cheesesteak Skillet
You can easily reheat your Chicken Cheese Steak in the oven or microwave, or on the stove.
To reheat from chilled in the oven, preheat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before popping in your Cheese Steak for 15-20 minutes (or until the chicken is piping hot all the way through).
Alternatively, you can reheat Chicken Philly Cheese Steak on the stove over a medium heat, stirring regularly, or stick it in the microwave on a high heat, checking and giving it a stir every minute or so.
Other One Pan Keto Recipes
Who doesn’t need a little convenience every now and then? I’m such a lover of easy one pan recipes – here are just a few of my personal favorites!
- This One Pan Lemon Chicken recipe with an indulgently creamy sauce is like a hug in a meal – perfect for cold winter evenings.
- For the shrimp fans out there, this spicy Keto Cajun Shrimp is loaded with flavor, and at just one net carb per serving, you can’t go wrong!
- This Cheesy Cabbage Casserole will make the perfect low carb, keto dinner that the whole family will love.
Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Skillet (keto + low carb)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound chicken cut into small strips or chunks
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper chipped
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon steak marinade your favorite kind, I use Allegro
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chicken and sprinkle with the seasonings, use tongs to toss the chicken in the spices, stirring occasionally. Cook the chicken 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the chopped garlic, onion, bell pepper and mushrooms. Stir occasionally and cook for 6-7 more minutes until the vegetables have softened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the steak marinade.
- Top with the provolone and cover. Cook the chicken on low for 4-5 minutes until the cheese has melted completely.