This Keto Lasagna Skillet has everything you love about lasagna with none of the work! Ready in 30 minutes and only 5 net carbs per serving this is a low carb recipe you’ve got to try!
Keto Lasagna Recipe
I’ve been kicking this idea around for a little while. I didn’t want to share it until it really tasted like lasagna. This recipe, my friends, tastes just like lasagna but it is so much easier! No layering, no noodles, tons of veggies, meat and cheese! This is exactly what you want in a one-pan, low-carb meal. It is especially fabulous with these Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits (a GREAT Red Lobster copycat!). Make this keto zucchini lasagna skillet for your friends and family, they’re going to love it!
Ingredients for Keto Zucchini Lasagna
This keto lasagna bake uses simple ingredients, and there’s no layering involved! Here’s what you’ll need to make the low-carb lasgana:
- Italian Sausage
- Low Carb Marinara
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
How to Make Keto Lasagna
Most low-carb lasagnas are made in a casserole dish like traditional lasagna and there are layers of meat, sauce, ricotta, cheese and zucchini slices. The casserole is then baked until gold and bubbly. This is a fine method for a low-carb substitute, but often the dish can be far too watery because of the zucchini. It can also be hard to keep even a low-carb lasagna keto compliant because so many of the ingredients naturally have carbs and those counts add up quickly.
My keto-friendly lasagna cuts out a ton of the work by making it all in one skillet. There is no layering, no slicing and sweating the zucchini to try to remove the water. It is much easier!
- This dish starts by browning your the Italian sausage in an oven-safe dish, like a cast iron skillet.
- Drain off the grease and add sliced zucchini, chopped spinach and sauté. This step cooks out a lot of the moisture from the vegetables.
- Stir in a low-carb marinara and allow the mixture to simmer.
- While the lasagna base simmers, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, garlic and mozzarella cheese in a small mixing bowl.
- Drop the cream cheese mixture and spread over the meat and vegetable mixture.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and bake!
What is keto lasagna?
Keto lasagna is a less traditional take on lasagna. Instead of using traditional, carb-filled noodles, a keto lasagna’s base is usually a vegetable. Most low-carb lasagnas are made in a casserole dish like traditional lasagna and there are layers of meat, sauce, ricotta, cheese and zucchini slices. The casserole is then baked until gold and bubbly. This is a fine method for a low-carb substitute, but often the dish can be far too watery because of the zucchini, so I saute my zucchini to reduce the water.
How many carbs in keto lasagna?
This one pan lasagna comes in at only 5 net carbs per serving! This lasagna is a delicious choice for those on a keto diet.
What to Serve with veggie lasagna
I served this low carb lasagna with these Rosemary Garlic Keto Dinner Rolls and Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits. This Keto Mashed Cauliflower paired with Keto Three Cheese Biscuits are always a hit! I also love a salad with a big meal like this- give this Italian Chopped Salad a go! I’m a big fan of mushrooms, so I like to put these Italian Baked Mushrooms on the table a few times a week, but if you want a heartier mushroom option, try these Prosciutto and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms!
Tips for Making Low-Carb Lasagna
- To keep this a one-pan meal, you’ll need to sauté the veggies and brown the meat in an oven-safe skillet. This way, you won’t have to transfer the meat mixture before baking the dish.
- Feel free to use mild or hot Italian sausage in this recipe.
- Use brick-style cream cheese for this keto-friendly lasagna, not cream cheese spread.
More Keto Zucchini Recipes:
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Blackened Salmon and Zucchini Skewers
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Zucchini Boats
- Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats
Keto Lasagna Skillet (low carb + one Pan)
This Keto Lasagna Skillet has everything you love about lasagna with none of the work! Ready in 30 minutes and only 5 net carbs per serving this is a low carb recipe you've got to try!
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low carb Marinara
- 1/4 cup beef broth
For the Cream Cheese Mixture
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a 10 inch oven proof pan, such as a cast iron skillet to medium heat.
- Brown the Italian sausage and drain off and grease. Add sliced zucchini, chopped spinach and stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has started to wilt.
- Add in low carb marinara and beef broth.
- Stir mixture well and allow to simmer 6-8 minutes until some of the liquid has evaporated.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, spices, green onions and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella.
- Spoon and spread the mixture over the meat and top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Allow dish to rest at least 5 minutes before serving to allow some of the moisture time to settle.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 31.6gCholesterol: 81.6mgSodium: 990.3mgCarbohydrates: 5.7gNet Carbohydrates: 4.3gFiber: 1.4gSugar: 2.8gProtein: 20.1g
Sara Welch says
I am loving all the cheesy goodness in this dish! And no noodles-perfect!
This looks like pure comfort food! Love that it has a healthier twist too.
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
I am all in for any lower-carb dish that tastes like lasagna!
We are all about the comfort foods especially when the weather gets cool! Can’t wait to give this tasty meal a try!
Katerina @ diethood .com says
mmmm..this looks absolutely delicious!! My family would LOVE it!!
Chrissie Baker says
What a fun recipe! Adding to our dinner rotation for sure!
Loved this recipe!! I used ground beef instead of Italian sausage because that is what I had and added Italian seasoning. My family Loved it!! Will make again!!