This Keto Lasagna Skillet has everything you love about lasagna with none of the work! Ready in 30 minutes and only 5 net carbs per serving this is a low carb recipe you’ve got to try!
I’ve been kicking this idea around for a little while. I didn’t want to share it until it really tasted like lasagna. This my friends, tastes just like lasagna and it is so much easier! No layering, no noodles, tons of veggies, meat and cheese! This is exactly what you want in a one pan low carb meal. It is espcially fabulous with these Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits (a GREAT Red Lobster copycat!)
What do you need to make an easy Keto Lasagna Skillet?
- Italian sausage
- Low Carb Marinara
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
How do you make a low carb lasagna?
Most low carb lasagnas are made in a casserole dish like traditional lasagna and there are layers of meat, sauce, ricotta, cheese and zucchini slices. The casserole is then baked until gold and bubbly. This is a fine way for a low carb substitute but often the dish can be far too watery because of the zucchini. It can also be hard to keep even a low carb lasagna keto compliant because so many of the ingredients naturally have carbs and those counts add up quickly.
My Keto Lasagna Skillet cuts out a ton of the work by making it all in one skillet. There is no layering, no slicing and sweating the zucchini to try to remove the water. It is much easier!
This dish starts by browning your the Italian sausage in an oven proof dish, like a cast iron skillet. Drain off the grease and add sliced zucchini, chopped spinach and sauté. This step cooks out a lot of the moisture from the vegetables.
Then stir in a low carb marinara and allow the mixture to simmer. While the lasagna base simmers combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, garlic and mozzarella cheese in a small mixing bowl. Then drop the cream cheese mixture and spread over the meat and vegetable mixture. Top with shredded mozzarella and bake!
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low carb Marinara
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- For the Cream Cheese Mixture
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a 12 inch oven proof pan, such as a cast iron skillet to medium heat.
- Brown the Italian sausage and drain off and grease. Add sliced zucchini, chopped spinach and stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has started to wilt.
- Add in low carb marinara and beef broth.
- Stir mixture well and allow to simmer 6-8 minutes until some of the liquid has evaporated.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, spices, green onions and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella.
- Spoon and spread the mixture over the meat and top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Allow dish to rest at least 5 minutes before serving to allow some of the moisture time to settle.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 31.6gCarbohydrates: 5.7gFiber: 1.4gProtein: 10.1g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!