Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche Cups are only about 1 net carb each. This is a great breakfast meal prep recipe to make for busy weeks!
These crustless quiche muffins are perfect for busy mornings or an easy protein-packed lunch. This recipe consists of four real ingredients (the extras being salt, pepper and baking powder).
The great part is that the crustless ham and cheese quiche cups are not only easy to prepare, but they’re also budget friendly. This is the kind of meal you can double or triple and still not break the bank.
These crustless ham quiche muffins are similar to a crustless quiche in many ways. They have a light, fluffy egg batter but they are absolutely packed with ham and cheese to make them extra filling.
There is no crust and no flour so they are ultra low in carbs, which makes them a great keto breakfast option. The exact nutritional value that I calculated is about 1 net carbs per muffin, so you can enjoy more than one!
Ingredients in Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche Cups
For these keto crustless quiche cups, you’ll need just four real ingredients (plus some seasonings):
- Heavy cream
- Smoked ham
- Shredded cheese (any kind)
- Baking powder
Can I Add Other Mix-Ins?
Yes! You can add chopped veggies, crumbled cooked bacon, and any other mix-ins you’d like.
How to Make Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche Cups
If you’ve never made quiche cups before, you’re in for a treat! They’re very simple to prepare:
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cream, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chopped ham and shredded cheese.
- Spoon the mixture using a 1/4 cup measuring cup into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake until the muffins have set and a toothpick comes out clean.
How to Store Crustless Quiche Cups
These convenient no-crust ham and cheese quiche cups reheat very well. They are great for meal prepping to make grab-and-go breakfasts easier.
Simply store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container up to 4-5 days. You can also freeze these and pull them out individually over the course of 4-6 months. To protect them from freezer burn, I wrap each quiche muffin multiple times in plastic wrap, then toss into a freezer bag (squeezing all the air out). I reheat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
Tips for Making Crustless Quiche Muffins
- I highly recommend using a silicone muffin pan because it will prevent the mixture from sticking and the quiche muffins will release very easily.
- You can use any kind of shredded cheese you’d like in this recipe.
- Try different meats if you prefer! Leftover shredded chicken, holiday turkey or ham, or even pulled pork would create interesting, flavorful variations!
- Crustless quiche cups freeze well, so consider making an extra batch!
More Keto Quiche Recipes:
Keto Ham and Cheese Quiche Cups
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon EACH salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped smoked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheese your flavor preference
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a medium size mixing bowl combine the eggs, cream, baking powder, salt and pepper.
Beat the mixture until completely combined.
Stir in the chopped ham and shredded cheese until evenly distributed.
Spoon the mixture using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or ice cream scoop into a greased muffin tin.
- I highly recommend a silicone muffin pan because it will prevent the mixture from sticking and the muffins will release very easily.
Bake 18-20 minutes until the muffins have set and a toothpick comes out cleanly.