These Easy Lunch Rollups are quick, kid-friendly, and inexpensive. You can customize and meal prep these keto lunch ideas for an easy week of meals!
Keto Lunch Ideas
Coming up with tasty but easy lunch ideas is tough, but sometimes we overthink it! Staying low carb can be as simple as stacking 2 ingredients and rolling them up. With a few different cheeses and meats, you can create an easy no-cook lunch that doesn’t get too boring. Add in extras like pickles, olives, or pepperoncinis for even more flavor!
How do you make lunchmeat rollups?
The concept is extremely simple. Two steps: Picking you meat and cheese pairings, then rolling it up and securing it. Here are some tips:
Pair cheeses and meats
These are best when you pair flavors that work well with one another. Here are some that I enjoyed:
- Prosciutto and Mozzarella – The tender prosciutto works great with the creamy mozzarella.
- Turkey and Provolone – I love this best with a smoked turkey, but any type will do.
- Ham and Swiss – The light sweetness of the ham is delicious with the stronger swiss cheese flavor.
- Salami and Provolone – I also added a pickle in this one because I just love those two flavors together.
Of course, there are SO many options! I love a prosciutto with a tangy, aged swiss or a pepper jack and smoked turkey.
Roll and secure
Lay your deli meat on your plate, then top it with your cheese. Roll it up gently, then stick a toothpick into it to secure it. If your cheese is too stiff to roll, you can zap it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to melt it slightly. You don’t want to melt it entirely as it releases the oil in the cheese.
If your rollup is only meat and cheese, you can prepare these and store them in an airtight container for about a week. If your rollup includes ingredients with more moisture (pickles, pepperoncini, olives, etc.), you likely want to eat those within the next day or two for the best texture. Any airtight container is fine, even just a ziplock bag.
If you like these Easy Lunch Rollups, you’ll love these recipes:
- Keto Pizza Pinwheels – Only 4.5 net carbs for 5 of these delicious snacks. The creamy marinara spread is delicious!
- Keto Lunch Skewers – Try either the Pizza Skewers or the Turkey Skewers for an easy, no-cook snack! Enjoy 4 of each type for under 6 net carbs. Here are two types of Prosciutto Skewers, too.
- Pizza Chaffle – Eat this when the cheese is warm and melty or pack it all separately and have a keto lunchable! Just 1.8 net carbs each.
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Taquitos – Cheesy, full of your favorite flavors and textures, and just 1 net carb for 2 of them!
- Keto Tuna Salad – This lunch classic is great in sandwiches, peppers, or as a dip with chips! Don’t forget to try this Chicken Salad version, too.
- Marinated Shrimp – Literally a “dump and go” lunch or appetizer… No cooking involved! Just 0.5 carbs for a 1/4 pound of shrimp.
FAQ’s about Keto Lunch Ideas
With prosciutto, salty cheeses like parmesan, asiago, or feta go great with prosciutto, but they’re not easy to wrap up. Provolone, gorgonzola, mozzarella, or even brie also go well!
Sharp cheddar and Swiss cheese are great go-to cheeses with ham. You could also wrap some creamy brie or a tangy blue cheese in ham for a richer flavor.
Cheddar is a great classic with turkey, but provolone and gouda really bring out the best in turkey. A brie or a pepper jack would put a different twist as well!
You could add dipping sauces like pesto, ranch, salsa, whipped feta, or even a sugar free honey mustard. Some keto chips (linked in the section above), nuts, or crunchy grain-free granola would add great texture, too!