This Tuna Melt Chaffle Sandwich is the perfect keto comfort food. Cheesy, full of protein, and under 7 net carbs!
Tuna Melt Chaffle Sandwich
This Tuna Melt Chaffle Sandwich is the perfect keto lunch! This keto sandwich is a great low carb recipe for one of my ultimate comfort foods- a tuna melt! This Keto Tuna Melt is super cheesy, satisfying and incredibly delicious. I love the simple flavors of a tuna melt and this recipe definitely delivered!
I added my Keto Tuna Salad to these amazing Keto Garlic Bread Chaffles to create this recipe. The result was a high protein sandwich that completely cured my tuna melt craving! This keto tuna melt will keep you going all day long with over 40 grams of protein, too. You can enjoy this delicious sandwich for only 6.8 net carbs! This inexpensive sandwich helps make the most of your grocery budget, and it’s easy to meal prep, too!
What is a Chaffle?
A chaffle is a “cheese waffle”- it’s a great substitute for bread in any keto sandwich! I love chaffles because they are incredibly versatile and delicious. All you need to make them is a Mini Waffle Maker! You can use chaffles instead of bread, like on this Keto Turkey Club Sandwich, Chicken Bacon Ranch Chaffle or this Jalapeno Popper Burger. You can also make them for breakfast, like these Bacon Cheddar Chaffles, Sausage Jalapeno Chaffles or a Breakfast Chaffle Bowl.
Sweet chaffles are delicious, too! Some of my favorites are Cream Cheese Chaffles, Blueberry Chaffles or Cinnamon Roll Chaffles. Pepperoni Pizza Chaffles, Keto BBQ Stacks or Keto Chili Cheese Chaffles are some of my go-to recipes for a keto lunch. If you have a Waffle Bowl Maker, you can prepare a Chaffle Bowl to make these Taco Chaffle Bowls or a Keto Salad Bowl! For more information about chaffles, like how to prepare them, freeze them or different recipes, check out Everything You Need to Know about Chaffles.
Ingredients in this Keto Tuna Melt
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Tuna Melt Chaffle Sandwich. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Tuna, mayonnaise
- Celery, red onion, relish, dijon mustard
- Lemon juice, chives, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, thyme
- Classic Chaffles or Garlic Bread Chaffles– if using the garlic bread recipe, skip the step of adding the butter and cheese and broiling.
- Tomato, provolone cheese
How to make a Tuna Melt
You can enjoy this keto sandwich in only 3 easy steps!
- Mix together your keto tuna salad ingredients.
- Add your tuna salad on top of your chaffle. Top with tomato and cheese.
- Put your sandwich under your broiler or in the Air Fryer. Warm until the cheese is melted and serve!
Tips for the Best Tuna Melt
- If you aren’t a huge fan of tuna, try this Keto Chicken Salad instead!
- I really enjoyed the flavor of the Garlic Bread Chaffles, but if you want a taste that is more similar to traditional bread, try a Classic Keto Chaffle.
- You can add a second chaffle to this sandwich, or you can leave it as an open faced sandwich. Whatever you prefer.
- If you don’t like provolone, try cheddar, swiss or mozzarella!
More keto bread recipes
- 30+ of the Best Keto Bread Recipes
- Keto Sausage and Biscuits
- The Best Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Easy Keto Bagels
More keto lunch recipes
Tuna Salad (makes 4 servings)
- 11 ounces tuna
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons red onion
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 chaffles (Link to Garlic Bread Chaffles or Basic Chaffles in notes)
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- Mix together your tuna salad ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup of tuna salad onto a chaffle, then top with 2 slices of tomato and a slice of cheese.
- Place the open faced tuna salad sandwich under the broiler or in the oven or air fryer. Warm until cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve immediately.
Nutrition value below is calculated using two Garlic Bread Chaffles, recipe here: https://thebestketorecipes.com/keto-garlic-bread-chaffles/
If you use the Basic Chaffle recipe (https://thebestketorecipes.com/basic-keto-chaffle-recipe/) instead, your nutritional values are as follows:
Calories: 621 grams Total Fat: 42.7 grams Cholesterol: 281.7 milligrams Sodium: 1263.7 milligrams Carbohydrates: 8.1 grams Fiber: 1.4 grams Sugar: 2.6 grams Protein: 43.4 grams Net Carbs: 6.7 grams
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 sandwich (using 2 garlic bread chaffles)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 27.8gCholesterol: 250.9mgSodium: 1382.6mgCarbohydrates: 9.6gNet Carbohydrates: 6.8gFiber: 2.8gSugar: 1.6gProtein: 43.6g