This Turkey Bacon Ranch Quesadilla is the quickest, easiest protein packed lunch! One quesadilla will give you 40 grams of protein for only 8 net carbs!
Turkey Bacon Ranch Quesadilla
This Turkey Bacon Ranch Quesadilla is the perfect way to use up some of those Thanksgiving leftovers in a seriously delicious way! You definitely don’t feel like making a big fuss about lunch or dinner after a holiday and this recipe is the solution. My quesadilla uses moist turkey, crispy bacon, white cheddar cheese, chopped onion, green chiles and Ranch dressing all wrapped in a low carb tortilla. You’ll love this meal because it’s quick, easy and super tasty. You’ll feel like you’re cheating on your keto diet when you aren’t- one whole quesadilla is only about 8 net carbs!
This Turkey Quesadilla is simple to prepare in advance, meaning that it’s perfect for keto meal prep. One of the great things about this easy recipe is that it’s absolutely full of protein- there’s 40 grams per serving! This meal will really fill you up. Low carb tortillas also tend to be high in fiber, which will also help to keep you feeling sated and keep you going!
Ingredients in Turkey Quesadilla
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Keto Quesadilla. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Low Carb Tortilla- you can find these in your local grocery store with the rest of the tortillas.
- Roasted Turkey- leftover Crockpot Turkey, Turkey Breast or Smoked Turkey are perfect here
- Bacon- I recommend cooking bacon for this recipe and not using bacon bits
- White cheddar cheese- this type of cheese is my favorite in quesadillas, but you can use whatever type you like
- Red onion- chopped
- Green chiles- I used drained canned green chiles
- Ranch dressing- your favorite bottled variety or homemade would both be great
How do I make this leftover turkey recipe?
This easy keto lunch recipe is ready in only 2 simple steps!
- Lay your tortilla out flat and spread ranch over it and top with cheese. Layer turkey, bacon, onion and green chiles on top.
- Add butter or spray oil to a hot skillet and add your quesadilla. Cook for 4-5 minutes and flip, cooking for another 4-5 minutes.
How to Store and Reheat this keto lunch recipe
To store this quesadilla, keep in a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid. You can also store in a plastic bag. Keep in the fridge. This quesadilla will stay fresh for up to four days. To reheat, add back to the skillet and warm on both sides. You can also heat up in the Air Fryer– follow the instructions for these Air Fryer Quesadillas for the best results. You can also warm in the microwave- heat in 30 second increments until warm enough for you.
Can I freeze this quesadilla?
Yes, you can! Just wrap your quesadilla in cling wrap and then place on a baking sheet. Freeze onto a baking sheet and then place in a freezer bag. Thaw and reheat in the Air Fryer, in the oven or on the stove top.
Is this recipe good for keto meal prep?
This is an amazing keto meal prep recipe! Just prepare your quesadilla in advance and store in your favorite meal prep containers. This Turkey Bacon Ranch Quesadilla will stay fresh for up to four days, so you can bring this to work for an easy protein packed meal!
Can you freeze bacon?
Yes, you can! If you have fresh cooked bacon but you know you aren’t going to eat all of it right now, it’s the perfect time to freeze it! Just lay your cooked bacon in between paper towels so it doesn’t stick together and place in a freezer bag. When you’re ready to use it, you can reheat it in the microwave or Air Fryer! Use within three months.
How to freeze cooked turkey
If you’ve got leftovers from your Crockpot Turkey Breast, Roasted Turkey Breast or Smoked Turkey you may want to freeze them so you know you’ll always have some for you to make these quesadillas with! Cut your turkey so there are no very large pieces. Add to a lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Add your frozen turkey to a freezer bag (this is why it’s important to line your baking sheet). Label your bag and enjoy within three months. You can use your turkey in these Turkey, Bacon and Avocado Taquitos for a tasty keto lunch!
More easy lunch recipes
- 1 large Carb Balance tortilla
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted turkey (leftover turkey is great!)
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green chiles
- 1-2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- To assemble your quesadilla spread ranch over the tortilla, top with shredded cheese, turkey, bacon, red onion and green chiles.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet to medium heat. Once hot, butter or spray your skillet with cooking oil, then add your quesadilla. Allow to cook 4-5 minutes (until the tortilla is browned), flip, and cook another 4-5 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 Quesadilla
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 551Total Fat: 35.6gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 1296mgCarbohydrates: 24gNet Carbohydrates: 8.3gFiber: 15.7gSugar: 2.5gProtein: 40g