Enjoy these cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Chaffles for just 2 net carbs each!
Today I am sharing one of my favorite, super easy, go-to recipes! These Pepperoni Pizza Chaffles are a cinch to make. They require very basic ingredients you probably already have on hand, minimal effort and only one bowl for clean up! We enjoy these as an effortless lunch option, but they make a great appetizer too! Simply quarter the chaffles and serve with warm marinara for a low carb, crowd pleasing dish!
If you love these chaffles, you’ve got to try my Ham and Cheese Chaffles! They are just as easy and a great keto-friendly breakfast! For lunch, give these Jalapeno Cheddar Chaffles a go- they are seriously delicious! If you’d like more chaffle recipes, check out this post–Everything You Should Know about Chaffles!
Ingredients for Pepperoni Pizza Chaffles
As always, you will find the complete recipe and instructions below, simply keep scrolling. This is just a quick overview of the ingredients you will need:
- Eggs: you will need size large eggs for this recipe
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese: if you prefer you can use a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar
- Baking Powder: provides rise and a fluffy texture.
- Almond Flour
- Italian Seasoning and Garlic Powder
- Pepperoni: pepperoni slices cut into small pieces or mini pepperoni
What is a Keto Chaffle?
Chaffles are a keto staple for many! While the term chaffle may be new to some, most of you probably know it as a “cheese waffle.” The term chaffle came to be because this is a waffle that is made from a cheese base. Most chaffle recipes contain some variety of egg, cheese and a low carb flour, such as coconut or almond flour.
The mixture may sound off, but I can assure you, they make perfectly crisp waffles on the outside and delightfully fluffy waffles on the inside!
How do you make a Pepperoni Chaffle?
These low carb pizza waffles are so simple to make. Simply beat the eggs, then fold in the almond flour, baking powder, seasoning, shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
Add the batter to a mini waffle maker, be careful not to overfill, and cook 2-3 minutes until you no longer see any steam coming from the machine. Enjoy hot from the waffle maker with warm, low carb marinara sauce!
What waffle maker should I use for chaffles?
You can make a chaffle with any waffle maker you have. However, I do love this handy little Ms. Dash waffle maker, they are the perfect size. This is the machine I used for this recipe and it makes 5 perfect waffles.
This size is also great as a bread substitute, you can layer your favorite sandwich fillings in between two chaffles and enjoy a quick and easy low carb sandwich!
Are these good for Meal Prep?
These cheese waffles do reheat well. You can microwave until warmed through, reheat in a toaster or air fryer, or enjoy cold! I like to serve these with low carb marinara for dipping and an Italian side salad that consists of greens, parmesan, a few tomatoes, pepperoncini peppers and Italian dressing.
Other Keto Pizza Recipes
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup pepperoni, chopped
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs well. Fold in the remaining ingredients until completely incorporated.
- Heat a waffle maker according to the manufactures directions. Add the batter to the waffle maker (about 2 sccops for the Dash waffle maker) be careful not to overfill.
- Remove the waffles when you no longer see any steam coming from the machine and the waffles are golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Chaffles Serving Size: Nutrition Calculated Per Chaffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 13.3gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 509mgCarbohydrates: 2.5gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0.5gSugar: 0.5gProtein: 13g