This step-by-step guide will show you exactly how to make the best Keto Pizza Recipe! This low carb pizza crust is crispy and delicious! Enjoy a slice of this keto pizza for about 3 net carbs!
Make an entire 14″ Keto Pizza for just 32 carbs TOTAL with a delicious almond flour pizza crust! That’s right, each cheesy slice has just 4 carbs (3.4 net carbs). This gluten-free, low-carb pizza can even be prepped and frozen for a simple keto meal later.
Ingredients for Keto Pizza
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need to make the perfect keto pizza! I made a sausage and cheese pizza, but you can easily switch up the toppings based on your personal preferences. To make low carb pizza you will need:
- Mozzarella Cheese: you will need mozzarella for the crust and the topping. Grab a bag of regular, pre shredded mozzarella cheese, you don’t need fresh or fancy mozzarella for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese: I suggest the brick style cream cheese for this recipe.
- Almond Flour: this is the brand I use. I do not suggest substituting coconut flour.
- Baking Powder and Salt: provides lift and rise to the crust and helps provide the perfect texture.
- Eggs: size large eggs are needed for this recipe.
- Low Carb Pizza Sauce: this is my favorite, but there are several other brands of sugar free, keto-friendly pizza sauce available.
- Pizza Toppings: I used Italian sausage, but pepperoni, mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion are all great options.
How to Make Keto Pizza Crust
In addition to the ingredients above you will need a pizza pan, a microwave safe bowl and a spatula. Making the crust moves very quickly, so prep your ingredients first. To make the perfect pizza crust follow the steps below:
Prepare the Flour
In a bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt until completely combined.
Beat the Eggs
In another bowl beat the eggs very well. Set aside.
Melt Mozzarella and Cream Cheese
In a large, microwave safe bowl add the mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each cycle.
Add the Flour
It may take 2-3 30 second cycles before the cheese has melted completely. When the cheese is completely melted and easy to stir add half of the almond flour and using a silicone spatula work it into the dough. Once a dough begins to form add the remaining flour and continue to stir. Use your spatula and create a well in the dough. Add the beaten egg and stir as best you can.
The dough will be lumpy and you will feel like it will never be smooth, but it will! After you’ve worked it as much as you can with the spatula use your clean hands to knead the dough until all the egg is incorporated. This may take up to 6-7 minutes.
Spread onto Pan
Spread the crust onto a greased pizza pan. Be sure to leave a bit of a rise around the edges for your crust. My pan is 14″, but you could stretch the dough a bit thinner to fill a 16″ pan if you prefer.
Pre-bake the Crust
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the crust without any toppings for 7 minutes. Once you have baked the crust remove it from the oven and if it has puffed up carefully poke a few holes in the crust to release the air.
How to Make Keto Pizza
Add the low carb pizza sauce to the pre-baked crust. You can also use pesto, it is a great low carb option for keto-friendly pizza!
Add Cheese and Toppings
Next, add the toppings of your choice. I used Italian Sausage but pepperoni, mushrooms, bell pepper, onions and basil would all work really well.
Bake the prepared pizza for 15-20 minutes on the top rack of your oven for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
Serve the pizza immediately while it is piping hot! Add grated parmesan, crushed red peppers and chopped basil if desired! You can also serve this along with a simple salad for a very filling dinner! For a menu Pizza Hut would be jealous of, add these Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks, some Lemon Pepper Wings, and this Keto Skillet Cookie.
Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3-4 days. If you’re prepping this ahead of time, you can make and parbake the crust, then refrigerate the crust 1-2 days before topping and baking.
Can I freeze homemade keto pizza?
Yes, you can freeze this easily, but it should be frozen before the final bake. Make you crust, parbake it, add your toppings, then freeze. I prefer to let it freeze on the pan in the freezer (place parchment paper or something underneath the crust to make it easy to lift later) for 2-3 hours. Next, wrap it tightly in several layers of plastic wrap to keep it protected for 2-3 months. You can cook it straight from the freezer, it will just need a little extra time.
You can microwave this at 50% power in 1-minute increments, but you will lose the crispness of the crust. I prefer to reheat it in the oven at 350 for 5+ minutes (the more pieces, the longer it may take) or air fry it at 350 for 2-4 minutes.
If you love this keto pizza, you’ll love these other keto pizza recipes!
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites – These are incredibly easy, and you could try a sausage or supreme version, too!
- Chaffle Pizzas – Like little personal pan pizzas! It’s perfect to pack as a little keto lunchable, too!
- Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers – Toss all your favorite pizza toppings into a pepper for an even healthier, lower carb way to enjoy your meal!
- Instant Pot Pizza Soup – A generous bowl of this amazing smelling soup has about 7 net carbs and is perfect for a keto meal!
- Keto Pizza Skillet – The only thing better than a one-pan meal is a one-pan meal that tastes like pizza!
- Keto Pizza Pinwheels – This quick, no-cook recipe is a hit with kids and adults alike. Works great for lunch meal prep!
- 15+ Keto Pizza Recipes
You do not need fancy or fresh mozzarella for this recipe. Use plain, pre-shredded bagged mozzarella.
No, this will make a great sheet pan pizza. Simply grease a large sheet pan and follow the directions.
Great keto-friendly pizza toppings include sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and black olives.
This recipe is formulated for almond flour, I do not recommend using another flour.
Keto Pizza Crust
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup low carb pizza sauce (such as Rao's)
- 1 cup Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl add the almond flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl beat the eggs and set aside.
- In a large micorwave safe bowl add the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese. Micorwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until the cheese is completely melted and smooth.
- Add half the almond flour and stir well. Add the remaining almond flour and the beaten eggs. The mixture will be lumpy and you may feel like it will never come together, but it will! Stir well with a silicone spatula and when you have worked the dough as much as you can with the spatula use your clean hands to knead the dough until a soft, pliable ball has formed.
- Spread the dough onto a greased pizza pan.
- Pre-bake the crust 7 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and if it has puffed up carefully poke holes to deflat the crust.
- Add your toppings and bake the pizza 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the pizza is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: Nutrition calculated per slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 20gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 454mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 3.4gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 1.4gProtein: 16g