These easy Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers have less than 5 net carbs per serving and are loaded with pizza flavor. They’re made with green bell peppers, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and lots of mozzarella!
Today I’m introducing you to your new “lazy day” dinner! These keto pizza stuffed peppers are insanely easy to prepare, super heartym and very low in carbs.
These keto stuffed green peppers are perfect when you just need some good old comfort food!
I am not big on meal prep, but I often cook some meals ahead of time just to make things a little easier during the week. This is one of those recipes. I like to cook the Italian Sausage a little earlier, so when it is actually time to stuff the bell pepper they can be assembled in less than 10 minutes.
Ingredients in Pizza Stuffed Peppers
For these keto stuffed bell peppers, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Green Bell Peppers
- Italian Sausage
- Low Carb Marinara
Are Bell Peppers Keto?
Yes! Bell peppers are a great way to add vitamins and nutrients to your keto diet with very few carbs. I often use bell peppers as well as smaller sweet peppers to make quick and easy keto-friendly meals.
How to Make Pizza Stuffed Peppers
These keto stuffed peppers couldn’t be simpler to prepare!
- Remove the stems from the bell pepper salong with any seeds or veins and slice in half.
- Place the bell pepper halves in a baking dish or cast iron skillet, set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the cooked sausage, chopped pepperoni, cheese, and low-carb marinara. Stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves and really try to pack it down as much as you can so they are very full.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and bake.
What to Serve with Stuffed Peppers
These keto stuffed green peppers make a great meal all on their own. However, they are also really great served with a basic garden salad filled with lettuce, (easy on the) tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and feta.
However, if you are looking for some more interesting sides, these Keto Cheesy Breadsticks are amazing! They are less than 2 net carbs per stick and you can dip them in the remaining low-carb marinara.
This Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is also a quick easy low carb side dish that you might love! After the broccoli gets crispy, it is melted with garlic butter and a sprinkled with parmesan.
Tips for Making Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers
- I used green bell peppers because that’s what I prefer on my pizzas, but you’re welcome to use any color bell peppers you’d like.
- Feel free to mix and match the proteins in this recipe. Use whatever you like best on your pizzas!
- If you’ll be serving this recipe to guests and want to minimize your prep time, stuff the bell peppers in the morning and bake them off that evening.
More Keto Stuffed Peppers:
Some of my favorite keto stuffed pepper recipes include:
- Pesto Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Green Chile Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 15+ Low-Carb Stuffed Pepper Recipes
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1/2 pound cooked Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup low carb marinara (such as Rao's)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the bell pepper and slice creating two hollow pepper halves. Remove the seeds and veins from the peppers. Place in a small baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the cooked sausage, chopped pepperoni, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the marinara. Stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers, pressing lightly so you can pack the peppers as much as you can.
- Top with remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until the cheese has browned and the peppers are tender.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 stuffed pepper half
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 470Total Fat: 33.9gCholesterol: 80.6mgSodium: 1452mgCarbohydrates: 7.4gNet Carbohydrates: 4.9gFiber: 2.5gSugar: 3.8gProtein: 32.4g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!