Are you wondering what keto snacks you can have? These Keto Snacks: Bacon and Pimento Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers are the perfect low-carb snack with only 4.5 net carbs per serving!
One of the hardest parts of keto for me is coming up with easy, portable low-carb snacks and lunches. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good lettuce wrap, but sometimes I need some variety. Before a low-carb lifestyle, my favorite go to snacks would be cheese and crackers or fruit and yogurt with granola. These Keto Snacks: Bacon and Pimento Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers are a good substitute for my beloved cheese and crackers! I’ve also loved the options in this list of 60+ Keto Snacks under 3 net carbs!
Ingredients for Stuffed Sweet Peppers
The simplicity of this low-carb snack idea is what makes it so perfect for a quick and easy snack. You only need six basic ingredients to make the stuffed mini sweet peppers:
- Sharp cheddar
- Garlic powder
- Sweet peppers
How to Make Stuffed Sweet Peppers
Making stuffed mini sweet peppers is so easy! Here is how this low-carb keto snack is made. First, cook and chop the bacon. Next, make the pimento cheese by combining the shredded cheddar, mayonnaise, garlic powder and chopped bacon. Finally, just cut and stuff the peppers!
You can prepare these any way you would like, you can slice the peppers horizontally and fill them of even just dip the peppers in the pimento and cheese. However, if you are going to be packing these and taking them for lunch, I think they transport a bit easier if you just take the top off and stuff them like I’ve shown in the photos. If your lunchbox is shaken around, these won’t make a mess or spill everywhere. I really like these containers for keeping my food as safe as possible during my commute!
Is pimento cheese keto?
It sure is! Pimento cheese is a great option while on keto, because it is high in fat and naturally low in carbs.
Can pimento cheese keto snacks be meal prepped?
Yes! The stuffed sweet peppers can be assembled up to five days in advance. They keep well in the fridge in an airtight container. If serving the pimento cheese as a dip, it can be made up to 5 days ahead of time, then the peppers should be cut up to 2 days ahead of time. They’ll dry out if you let cut peppers sit in the fridge for much longer than 2-3 days.
What kind of cheese is best for stuffed peppers?
I prefer using a blend of white and regular cheddar cheese, but I imagine pepper jack or another kind of cheese would taste just as delicious.
Tips for Making Stuffed Mini Peppers
- If desired, you can serve the pimento cheese as a dip and pair it with lots of other low-carb veggies. I love these containers for transporting this amazing dip!
- After making the pimento cheese, I recommend letting it chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to give the flavors time to meld.
- After slicing the peppers, be sure to remove the seeds inside.
More Keto Snacks:
- Easy Keto Pizza Bites
- Keto Pretzel Bites
- Keto Ham and Cheese Rolls
- Keto Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Keto Broccoli Cheddar Bites
Looking for more keto snacks? Check out these 60+ Keto Snacks under 3 net carbs!
Keto Snacks: Bacon and Pimento Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- 2 cups sharp cheddar I like to use a mix of white and yellow cheddar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 2-ounce jar pimentos drained
- 2 slices thick cut bacon cooked and chopped
- 12 sweet peppers tops removed and hollowed out
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the shredded cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, pimentos and chopped bacon. Mix well and season with salt and pepper (if desired)
- Chill mixture at least 30 minutes to let flavors meld.
- Stuff each sweet pepper with a spoonful of the Bacon Pimento and Cheese.
- Serve whole or slice peppers