These Keto Chips are perfect for dips or a lunch snack. With pepperoni and low-carb tortillas, you can have a salty, crunchy keto snack you’ll want to keep around!
Salty, crunchy, dippable, and delicious. Keto Chips have all the crunch you want without all the carbs! Go a little spicy with baked pepperoni chips, or make some nachos with these keto tortilla chips. Each keto chip recipe can be out of the oven in less than 15 minutes with basically no prep, so this quick party recipe is an easy one to keep in your back pocket.
These chips don’t require refrigeration and they can last for a week — That’s perfect to toss into lunchboxes or bags for an easy snack that might save you from other cravings! You could even keep a bag in the car during road trips or take them on a quick hike.
Keto Chip Ingredients
- Pepperoni Chips – Pepperoni (medium, pizza topping size) and spray olive oil
- Tortilla Chips – Tortillas (low-carb street taco size) and spray olive oil
You may choose to add different seasonings to complement different types of dip! Cracker pepper, sea salt, sesame seeds, and herbs can all be sprinted on the chips to add your own twist.
How to make Keto Tortilla Chips and Pepperoni Chips
These keto chips can be made two ways, so you have double the dip options! These two chips do bake at different temperatures and for different amounts of time, so you will need to do these in two batches.
Cut the tortillas
With street taco style low carb tortillas, you can cut it into four pieces about the size of store-bought tortilla chips. You can use larger tortillas, but it’s a bit more difficult to get pieces of the same size for even cooking.
Arrange on baking rack/baking pan
Place your cut tortillas onto a greased baking pan (or with a silicone liner) in a single layer. Avoid allowing them to touch much — Crowding reduces air flow, so the tortillas won’t crisp up as well if they don’t have some space.
Spray the tortillas with oil
A light spray of olive oil on top will help the tortillas brown and crisp. Spray both sides of the tortilla so they get nice and crisp. If you don’t have spray oil, you can brush oil onto the tortillas (but consider doing that BEFORE cutting the tortillas to make it easier).
Bake Keto Tortilla Chips
Bake your tortillas for about 14 minutes total. Halfway through (around the 7 minute mark), take out the tortillas and flip them. Return the pan back to the oven and continue cooking another 6-8 minutes. When the chips are lightly golden, remove and allow to cool 5 minutes before serving. If you prefer salted chips, sprinkle the salt over the chips while they are still warm.
Start pepperoni chips
Once the tortillas are removed from the baking sheet, place a rack on it. Arrange the pepperoni in a single layer so that they crisp up perfectly. Spray your pepperoni with a bit of olive oil.
Bake Pepperoni Chips
Pepperoni Chips should be cooked about 11-12 minutes, depending on your preference of crispiness. You do not have to flip the pepperoni because the wire rack allows for good airflow.
This crunchy, salty snack recipe is a keeper because these chips can go with so many things. The baked pepperoni chips are perfect with Jalapeno Ranch or Beer Cheese Dip. Tortilla chips is exactly what you need for Smoked Queso Dip or Crab and Bacon Dip!
Both of these chip recipes can be stored in an airtight container on the counter up to 1 week. Make sure you allow them to cool completely before putting them in the container — The chips will not stay crisp for long if you store them while warm.
The pepperoni chips do lose some crispness after 2 days, but you can quickly regain some of that by putting them under the broiler for about 30 seconds. Keep a close eye or they’ll burn quickly! The tortillas didn’t lose any crispness throughout the whole week, so they will be perfect for an easy school snack.
If you’re interested in these Keto Chips, you may also like…
- Zucchini Chips – These are incredibly tasty! You can have 3/4 cup of these for under 3 net carbs, too.
- Keto Nachos – This recipe uses cheese chips, but this could also be delicious with these homemade tortilla chips!
- Crispy Keto Fries – Rutabaga helps these fries become just as crispy and tender as potato fries!
- Whipped Feta Dip – Low in carbs, high in cheesy, creamy flavor! These would go great with the pepperoni chips, too.
- Chili Cheese Collard Green Chips – These are crispy, super flavorful, and also don’t require any refrigeration for an easy, healthy snack.
FAQ’s about Keto Chips
Most chips are not keto because they include potatoes, flour, or other higher-carb foods. However, these chips only include low-carb ingredients, so these are keto friendly.
These chips are so light that they will fly around the air fryer, and you won’t get an even cook. If you have a wire rack (like the trivet from an Instant Pot) to put on top of the chips to prevent them from flying, you might get somewhat crispy chips.
For the crispiest pepperoni chips, yes, you do need a baking rack. For the tortillas, you do not need a baking rack at all. If you choose to use one, watch them closely as it cause them to brown too quickly.
You can, but the timing and baking temperature might need to be different. Some foods (like salami) are cut so thin that they can burn extremely quickly. As long as you keep a watchful eye, you can make all sorts of keto chips.
Pepperoni Chips - 6 servings
- 1 (6 ounce) pack of pepperoni (I used Hormel Original Pepperoni)
Tortilla Chips - 7 servings
- 1 (14 count) low carb street taco tortilla (I used Mission Zero Carb Street Taco Tortillas - link below)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a baking rack on top of a baking sheet, then add pepperoni in an even layer.
- Bake 11-12 minutes or until pepperoni has browned and is crisp.
- Leave sitting for 5 minutes because the chips crisp up more as they cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F while you cut tortillas (4-4.5" diameter) into 4 pieces.
- Place tortillas on a greased baking sheet (or lined with silicone mat), then spray both sides of tortillas with olive oil.
- Bake 7 minutes, remove from oven, flip tortillas, and continue to bake another 6-8 minutes.
- Allow the chips to cool so that they reach maximum crispiness.
Keto Tortilla Chip Nutrition Information
Nutrition values below are calculated using a 14-tortiila pack of Mission Zero Carb Street Taco Tortillas.
Serving Size: 8 chips (2 tortillas)
Number of Servings: 7
Calories: 50 grams / Total Fat: 3 grams / Saturated Fat: 1 grams / Sodium: 250 milligrams / Carbohydrates: 14 grams / Fiber: 14 grams / Protein: 4 grams
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 ounce (about 14 Hormel Original Pepperoni chips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 520mgCarbohydrates: 0gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g