Delicious Beer Cheese Dip is the perfect keto appetizer for game days and parties. Just 2.2 net carbs and SO easy to make!
Your next get-together needs this Keto Beer Cheese Dip. The depth of flavor (provided by the light lager and Worcestershire) takes this above and beyond your average cheese dip. Scoop it up with some vegetables, keto chips, or chaffles for a super easy appetizer recipe!
This Beer Cheese Dip cooks in the slow cooker, so you know it’s incredibly easy. It’s especially convenient when you’re bringing a dish to a buffet-style menu. Just plug that crock pot in and keep it warmed up so that everyone can eat at their own pace!
Beer Cheese Dip Ingredients
- Cream cheese – Room temperature and cubed cream cheese will melt quicker and smoother
- Cheese – If possible, use freshly shredded cheese as it melts better. I used white and yellow sharp cheddar, but gouda or havarti would also be great.
- Low-carb lager beer – I used Yuengling Light Lager, a 3.2 carb beer
- Dijon mustard – You could use a different mustard if you prefer.
- Worcestershire sauce – This adds a smokier, deeper flavor. If you don’t have this, you could substitute your favorite steak marinade
- Liquid smoke – This is optional, but I love the smoky flavor!
How to make Crock Pot Beer Cheese Dip
This beer cheese dip is extremely easy to make, so it’s perfect when you’re getting ready for a party! Here are your step by step instructions:
Combine your ingredients
Add all of your ingredients into the slow cooker. If you want to help your dip turn out as smooth as possible, you could melt the cream cheese in the slow cooker completely before adding the remainder of the ingredients.
Cook on low
With all ingredients in, cook your dip for 1-2 hours on low. 1 1/2 hours was perfect for me, but some slow cookers may cook faster or slower. Make sure to gently stir the dip every 20-30 minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Blend for a smooth dip
This step is completely optional, but it’s my preferred way. If you have an inversion blender, you can blend the dip right there in the slow cooker. If you don’t, simply pour or ladle the soup into a blender and give it about 30 seconds on medium power.
This dip would be great with other appetizers like Keto Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers, Chorizo Sausage Balls, or Keto Chicken Wings. Crispy Zucchini Chips or Keto Pretzel Bites are great low-carb dippers. Keto chips make for an easy snack!
How to store Keto Beer Cheese Dip
This dip should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days. If you are leaving it out for 2+ hours, make sure it is heated so that bacteria doesn’t start growing.
This dip can be frozen, but the texture will be altered because of the cream cheese. If you do freeze it, eat within 3 months. The longer it is frozen, the more the texture will change. To try to return the dip back to its former texture, try blending and then stir in a bit of warm heavy cream.
To reheat a large portion (or the entire recipe), return to the slow cooker or a pot on the stove. Warm on low, stirring occasionally until dip is warm throughout. For small portions, blast for 30-second intervals in the microwave.
If you like this Beer Cheese Dip recipe, try these recipes:
- Cheesy Crab and Bacon Dip – This baked dip is creamy, super cheesy, and a huge crowd pleaser. Canned artichokes add a great flavor and perfectly complements the crab!
- Whipped Feta Dip – This delicious recipe is a cold dip, so you don’t have to worry about keeping it warm on a buffet or at a party. It also makes a great spread for Italian Pinwheels!
- Copycat Chuy’s Jalapeno Ranch – This spicy, creamy dip is fantastic with chicken tenders, keto chips, and veggies!
- Blue Cheese Buffalo Chicken Dip – This dip is packed full of protein, fats, and flavor! Even if you’re not a fan of vegetables, you will be with this dip.
FAQ’s about Beer Cheese Dip
Sharp cheddar has the perfect flavor for your traditional dip, especially if you’re using a light lager. Gouda, Havarti, Swiss, or even Colby jack are great because they melt into a perfectly smooth dip.
You can easily make this dip on the stove, in the oven, or even in the microwave. Simply melt the ingredients, stir, and blend if you’d like it smoother.
Keto dipping options like chaffles cut into strips, keto lil smokies, baked pepperoni chips, keto tortilla chips, or vegetables like carrots, celery, or cucumber work well, too.
Keto Beer Cheese Recipe
This Beer Cheese Recipe is the perfect potluck or party appetizer. Low-carb, full of flavor, and super easy to make!
- 12 ounces Cream cheese, room temperature & cut into cubes
- 3 cups Cheese, freshly shredded* (I used white and yellow sharp cheese, but using a gouda would have been smoother)
- 3/4 cup low-carb lager beer (I used Yuengling Light Lager, a 3.2 carb beer)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid smoke*
- Add your cream cheese to the crock pot, and allow it to melt on low. Once melted, stir until it's creamy and without clumps.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and cook for about 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally to help the cheese melt.
- After about 1 1/2 hours, stir the dip -- If there are still clumps after stirring, continue to cook another 30 minutes or until it's smooth.
- Allow the dip to cool a bit, then transfer to a blender. Start on low, then work your way to the highest level. Blend until it looks beautifully smooth (it took me about 2 minutes total).
- Return to slow cooker and serve immediately with keto chips, vegetables, and chaffles!
* Cheddar doesn't melt to a super-smooth texture, so replace half (or all) of the cheddar with gouda. Gouda melts smoothly and will reduce any "gritty" texture the dip may have.
** Liquid smoke is not necessary, but I believe that the flavor adds depth and complements the sharp cheddar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: About 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Cholesterol: 15.6mgSodium: 258.3mgCarbohydrates: 2.2gNet Carbohydrates: 2.2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g