These Keto Italian Pinwheels are the perfect appetizer or party snack! Enjoy five cheesy, salty pinwheels for about 4 net carbs!
Keto Italian Pinwheels
You and your guests will love these Keto Italian Pinwheels! These pinwheels are a mix of salty salami, smoky provolone, sharp pickle and whipped feta, all wrapped up in a low carb tortilla! This is the perfect keto appetizer, after school snack, lunch or quick dinner! These pinwheels require no cooking, are great for keto meal prep and travel easily, so you can always have an easy low carb snack on hand.
Keto Italian Pinwheels are going to disappear from your table in a flash. These are a delicious snack to grab and pop into your mouth while you’re mingling at a party, enjoying a bridal shower or baby shower, or enjoying your favorite game. You really can’t go wrong with having these on the table at any event! And no one will believe you when you tell them these pinwheels are low carb!
Ingredients in Italian Pinwheels
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Keto Italian Pinwheels. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Low carb tortilla
- Salami, provolone cheese, pickle spears
- Whipped Feta Dip
How do I make this Pinwheel recipe?
This easy pinwheel recipe is ready in only 4 simple steps!
- Spread your whipped feta on a tortilla and top with salami and cheese.
- Keep your pickles around the bottom of the tortilla and roll it up- this will keep your pickle in the middle of the tortilla. Roll tightly and secure with toothpicks.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- After being chilled, slice and serve!
Whipped Feta Dip
If you don’t want to make a whipped feta, try an easy cream cheese spread instead. Spread whipped cream cheese, feta, dill and lemon zest over the tortilla. Whipped cream cheese isn’t quite as solid as regular cream cheese, so be sure to not skip the step of cooling in the fridge.
Tips for the BEST Keto Pinwheels
- Serve with dip! Tzatziki or Pesto would be delicious
- If you want to make this recipe super low carb, try with a Cheese Wrap!
- Don’t skip the step of chilling the pinwheel- this will help it to stay together while serving
- Make this recipe your own! You can easily substitute the salami for pepperoni, turkey, prosciutto- whatever you like!
How to Store this low carb snack idea
To store these keto pinwheels, just keep in a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and store in the fridge. These pinwheels will stay fresh for up to five days.
Is this recipe good for keto meal prep?
Yes! These Italian Pinwheels are a great idea for keto meal prepping. Just prepare in advance and store in your meal prep containers- in the morning, all you’ll need to do is grab your container and run out the door!
What should I serve with these Keto Italian Pinwheels?
If you’re serving this at an adult event, add a keto cocktail! Try this Pickleback, Raspberry Tequila Smash or a Strawberry Rose Limeade. Some more delicious keto appetizers on the table are always a plus! Try these Bacon Cheeseburger Bites, Chicken Taquitos or Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms! For dessert, I love this Keto Zucchini Bread, Air Fryer Cookies or Peanut Butter Bars.
More easy keto appetizers
- 4 Mission Carb Balance low-carb tortillas
- 12 slices salami
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 tablespoons Whipped Feta Dip (recipe in Notes; substitution options in post)
- 6 pickle spears
- Lay a tortilla on a plate and spread whipped feta dip over the bottom 3/4 of the tortilla.
- Place three slices of salami and three slices of cheese on the bottom 3/4 of the tortilla.
- Hold 1.5 pickle spears at the bottom of the tortilla and begin to roll it up, leading to the pickle being in the middle of the pinwheel. Roll gently but tightly. Secure with toothpicks.
- Chill the tightly rolled wrap in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to help the pinwheels hold up during/after cooking.
- After chilled, slice the log into 1 inch pinwheels and serve. Pesto or Tzatziki would be perfect dipping sauces!
- Whipped Feta Dip: https://thebestketorecipes.com/whipped-feta-dip/
- To make this gluten-free and to reduce the carbs even further, replace the tortilla with a cheese wrap and skip the provolone in the middle. This brings each individual pinwheel to 55 calories, 4.7 g fat, 10.9 mg cholesterol, 348.5 mg sodium, 0.7 grams carbs, 0.2 grams fiber, 0.4 grams sugar, 2.8 grams protein, 0.5 net carbs
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 5 (1 inch) pinwheels per serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 23gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 1936mgCarbohydrates: 12.9gNet Carbohydrates: 4.4gFiber: 8.5gSugar: 1.5gProtein: 16.6g