These Marinated Mozzarella Balls are going to be the hit of the summer! With only 0.3 carbs per serving, you’ll want to serve this keto and gluten-free appetizer with every meal!
If you’ve been reading the blog for long, you know I’m not against putting in a lot of effort for a delicious recipe that everyone can enjoy. What I really love, though, is when the ingredients make it easy for me!
These Marinated Mozzarella Balls feature small mozzarella pearls, a handful of spices and herbs, and a healthy dose of high-quality olive oil. They’re naturally low-carb, keto, and gluten-free–No substitutes or tricks needed!
On top of being super easy, they’re also extremely versatile. Want to spruce up a salad? Then toss some of these babies on it! Want to add a special touch to grilled meat? Top it with these juicy, flavor-packed pearls.
Want an easy appetizer that will hold everyone over until the main entrée is ready? This Summer Mozzarella Salad can literally be eaten by the spoonful (or even a toothpick if you prefer that type of party spread).
It can even be made up to a week in advance, making it a convenient meal prepping lunch or snack option. This recipe is definitely one to save!
How do you make Marinated Mozzarella?
Marinated Mozzarella is a super simple, yet impressive appetizer or snack that is perfect for parties. This recipe is very versatile and can be adjusted based on what you have on hand. You will need fresh mozzarella, herbs, good quality olive oil, garlic and spices.
To make the marinated cheese simply combine all of the ingredients and stir well so the mozzarella is completely coated. You can store this in a jar or bowl and let it marinate for at least one hour, though the longer you marinate the more robust the flavors will be.
How long do Marinated Mozzarella balls last?
Marinated Mozzarella can last up to 5 days if stored in an air tight container in the fridge. Before serving allow the cheese to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes and then stir well. This gives the oil a chance to soften and provides the best flavor and texture.
How do you serve Marinated Cheese?
This is a great snack or appetizer. Because this dish has so few carbs it is a great keto-friendly option to add to your lunches or dinners. I also love this spooned over a salad or grilled meat. It is especially delicious with my favorite Grilled Chicken and Pesto Cream Sauce.
Tips and Tricks
- Use good quality cheese. I recommend using BelGioioso Mozzarella Pearls. You can slice fresh mozzarella if you wish, but the pearls make for a great presentation with less work.
- Use a flavorful olive oil. Find a good quality extra virgin olive oil to add the best flavor.
- Fresh herbs: While dried herbs do work in this recipe fresh herbs add a big flavor punch!
Other Keto Appetizers
- Keto Mozzarella Sticks
- Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Easy Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Marinated Mozzarella Balls (keto + low carb)
- 16 ounces Mozzarella Pearls
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in an air tight container for at least one hour. The longer they marinate, the better the flavors will be.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to five days.
Adjust the spices based on your preferences.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 24.1gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 298mgCarbohydrates: 0.5gNet Carbohydrates: 0.3gFiber: 0.2gProtein: 10.2g