This Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is the best keto side dish or appetizer! Enjoy 2 bundles of crispy bacon, tender asparagus, and a creamy parmesan filling for under 3 net carbs!
Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Keto Side Dishes are some of my favorite recipes, and this Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is quickly climbing to the top of my list! Fresh asparagus bundles are seasoned with garlic and then topped with a mixture of cream cheese and parmesan. The bundles are then wrapped in salty bacon and baked! The bacon is perfectly crisp and the asparagus is delectably tender and cheesy!
This low carb recipe is just so darn good! This dish is absolutely packed with flavor- the seasonings combined with the bacon and the cheese turns out one incredible side! Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is perfect for an evening date night, a dinner party or for an impressive side dish on a holiday or nice family dinner.
Ingredients in Bacon Asparagus
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Bacon Wrapped Asparagus. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Thick Asparagus, Thin Cut Bacon, Olive oil, Garlic powder
- Cream cheese, Parmesan, Everything Bagel seasoning
Because you want the bacon to cook long enough to get crispy, I recommend choosing thicker asparagus.
How do you make Parmesan Asparagus?
You can have this easy keto side dish on your table in only three easy steps!
- Mix together cream cheese, parmesan and Everything Bagel seasoning. Toss asparagus in oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Split into 8 bundles.
- Stretch out the bacon, taking care to not tear it. Spread your cheese mixture on top of your asparagus bundles and wrap with a slice of bacon. Continue until you have added cheese and bacon to all of your asparagus.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes in a 400 degree F oven. The time needed to cook will depend on the thickness of your asparagus.
Carbs in Asparagus
Asparagus is naturally low in carbs and high in fiber, meaning it’s a fantastic vegetable for a keto diet. Asparagus also contains a healthy dose of fiber, folate and several vitamins! A serving, which is two of these asparagus bundles come in at just 2.5 net carbs (5 total carbs).
Tips for the Best Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Use only thick asparagus spears. This recipe is not recommended for thin asparagus, as it will be overcooked before the bacon is crispy.
- Cut a slice of bacon in half and stretch out slowly and gently so you avoid tearing it.
- Stretch the bacon out as much as you can. This step helps your bacon to get super crispy while also preventing it from shrinking too much as it cooks.
What should I serve with Asparagus?
I think this keto side dish perfectly compliments a delicious meat main dish! Try Tuscan Chicken, Keto Crab Cakes or this Steak and Shrimp Skillet would all compliment this Wrapped Asparagus perfectly. Try a Keto Bread Recipe or Keto Mushroom Recipes if you want more side dish options. For dessert, some of my favorites are Turtle Brownies, Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars or No Bake Peanut Butter Bars!
More keto side dish recipes
- 1 pound of asparagus, trimmed
- 4 slices thin bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoon Everything Bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix up the cream cheese, parmesan, and everything bagel seasoning. Set aside.
- Gently toss the asparagus in the oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Split into 8 piles as evenly as possible.
- One by one, slowly stretch each slice of bacon as long as you can without tearing it. This will help prevent the bacon from shrinking too much and helps it to cook a bit faster.
- Place one stretched bacon slice, a heaping teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture and the asaparagus and wrap (not too tightly) and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Cook the bundles 20-25 minutes under asparagus is tender and bacon is crisp. The time needed will depend on the size of your asparagus and how much the bacon is overlapping.
If the tops of the asparagus are beginning to burn before the bacon is crispy, cover just the tops with aluminum foil. Make sure to leave the bacon exposed so it can crisp up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 bundles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 17gCholesterol: 35.5mgSodium: 386mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 2.6gFiber: 2.4gSugar: 2.4gProtein: 8g