This easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast is a one pan, 30 minute meal! This keto friendly chicken recipe is great with roasted vegetables and reheats well for weekly meal prep!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
These easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts are the answer to dry, boring chicken! This is a one pan, 30 minute dish that pairs well with just about anything! This chicken is rubbed in a savory spice mixture, wrapped in bacon, pan seared then baked until it is perfectly juicy and the bacon is nice and crisp.
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Chicken: I used chicken breast that were sliced lengthwise to make them smaller and more uniform in size.
- Bacon: thin or thick cut bacon will work. Just be mindful, if you use the thick cut bacon, you need to gently stretch it to prevent it from shrinking too much and help it to cook more evenly.
- Spices: chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper
How to cook chicken breast wrapped in bacon?
- Combine the spices and rub both sides of the chicken breast so they are completely covered.
- Take a piece of bacon and carefully stretch it. This helps the bacon cook evenly and reduces how much it will shrink as it cooks. Carefully wrap it around the chicken.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and sear the bacon wrapped chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. Move the chicken to the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes until it reaches 165 degrees F. Check the temperature using a meat thermometer.
Tips for the Best Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Cut the chicken: Chicken breast are often quite large, making them very difficult to cook all the way through without drying out. The answer is to take a very sharp knife and cut lengthwise, like you are butterflying, but actually cut all the way through. This gives you two thinner sections of chicken that will cook evenly.
- Apply the spices evenly: Be sure you rub the spices all over the chicken so each bite is packed with flavor!
- Stretch the bacon: if using thick cut bacon, stretch it gently before wrapping the chicken. This prevents it from shrinking too much and unraveling.
Can I make Bacon Wrapped Chicken in the Air Fryer?
Of course! Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F. Prepare the chicken with the spice mixture and bacon. Instead of pan searing, place the bacon wrapped chicken in the air fryer, seam side down and fry 10 minutes. Check the internal temperature of the chicken and fry in additional 5 minute increments until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
How to Store and Reheat Bacon Wrapped Chicken
To store this bacon chicken, place into a plastic or glass container in an airtight lid and store in the fridge. This chicken will stay fresh in the fridge for up to four days. To reheat, you can either warm in the microwave in thirty second increments or in a skillet on the stovetop. If you warm on the stove, your bacon will crisp up nicely.
How to make Avocado Salsa
While you don’t have to serve this chicken with this avocado salsa, it is plenty delicious on it’s own! This salsa is a great companion for this easy chicken dish! To make avocado salsa you will need avocados, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro or green onions. I’ve included the complete recipe with the chicken below.
What to serve with Bacon Chicken Breast
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Easy Cheddar Roasted Broccoli
- Crispy Zucchini Fries
- Grilled Zucchini Mozzarella Wraps
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken breast* (this would be two large chicken breast cut lengthwise to make two smaller, thinner breast)
- 4 slices bacon*
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the spices in a small bowl. Generously rub both sides of the chicken breast in the spices so they are completely covered.
- Take a piece of bacon and carefully stretch it as far as you can without breaking it. This helps the bacon cook evenly and reduces how much it will shrink as it cooks. After stretching the bacon carefully wrap it around the chicken. If you are using large breasts this will likely take two slices, if you are using small breast it only require one.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and sear the bacon wrapped chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Move the chicken to the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until it reaches 165 degrees F using a meat thermometer.
Air Fryer Instructions:
See the post above for air fryer instructions.
Optional Avocado Salsa: Net carbs (2.2)
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup chopped avocado (about 1 large)
1-2 tablespoons green onions OR cilantro (personal preference)
1 teaspoon lime juice (add more based on your personal preference)
salt and pepper to taste
Nutritional information for Avocado Salsa:
Serving size: roughly 1/2 cup. Net carbs: 2.2
Calories: 104, Total Fat: 8.2, Total Carb: 6.6, Fiber: 4.4, Sugars: 1.3, Protein: 1.3
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 25.5gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 461mgCarbohydrates: 1.9gNet Carbohydrates: 1.3gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 0.7gProtein: 32g