These Keto Bacon and Egg Crescent Rolls are a delicious low-carb breakfast option. Each roll up contains about 3 net carbs!
I’m happy to introduce you to our new favorite low-carb breakfast recipe! These keto bacon, egg, and cheese roll ups feature a soft, fluffy dough that is similar to crescent rolls that’s loaded with scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese!
This recipe is naturally gluten free, low-carb, and keto friendly! It’s perfect for weekly meal prep because they reheat and store well.
You can also mix things up based on your personal preferences. Switch the cheddar for spicy Pepper Jack, or the bacon for ham for great variety!
Ingredients in Keto Bacon & Egg Crescent Rolls
You will find the exact recipe in the recipe card at the bottom of the post along with a video and step-by-step instructions.
The ingredients you will need for the keto bacon, egg, and cheese crescent rolls are:
- Almond flour
- Baking Powder
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Can I Use Store-Bought Crescent Roll Dough?
If you do not follow a keto diet and want to use regular store-bought crescent roll dough, feel free to do so! Just note that you may need to adjust the bake time (simply bake until golden brown).
How to Make Keto Bacon & Egg Crescent Rolls
You will find the full recipe at the bottom of this post in the recipe card, but this is a quick overview of the process. This recipe for breakfast roll ups has a few different steps.
- First, cook the bacon and soft scramble the eggs with cream cheese and stir in shredded cheddar cheese. It is important to prepare the filling first, because the dough is harder to work with as it cools.
- Next, prepare the dough by combining melted mozzarella and cream cheese with almond flour and baking powder, along with a beaten egg white. This forms a delicious keto-friendly dough, also known as Fat Head Dough.
- Lastly, slice the dough into 6 triangles and fill with the egg mixture and cooked bacon, then tightly roll and bake.
How to Store Keto Breakfast Roll Ups
These keto bacon, egg, and cheese roll ups are great for meal prep! They reheat easily and keep for up to 5 days.
To store, simply allow them to cool completely on a wire rack. Then, place them in an airtight container or plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator.
How to Reheat Bacon & Egg Crescent Rolls
You can reheat these several ways, including the microwave, oven, or air fryer. Follow these simple instructions below:
- Microwave: Heat in 30 second increments until warmed through.
- Oven: Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees F and place the rolls on a baking sheet. Heat for 12-15 minutes until warmed through. Be careful not to overcook and dry out the rolls.
- Air Fryer: Heat the air fryer to 300 degrees (or 315F if that is the lowest your air fryer goes) and heat for 5-6 minutes until warmed though.
More Low Carb Meal Prep Recipes:
For me, meal prep has been an absolute lifesaver – here are some of my most well-loved recipes.
- Keto Ham and Cheese Rolls (under 2 net carbs each)
- Keto Club Lettuce Wrap (the perfect packed lunch option)
- Bacon and Cheeseburger Soup (under 6 net carbs per serving)
- Greek Chicken Power Bowls (another lunchbox essential)
- Sausage and Spinach Quiche (if you love casseroles, you’re bound to love this, too!)
More Keto Egg Recipes:
- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffins
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese Muffins
- Steak and Eggs
- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Bites
For the Keto Dough
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Filling
- 5 eggs, scrambled
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 3 large slices of bacon, cut in half and cooked until crisp
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For the Topping
- 1 egg white beaten for egg wash to brush on top
- Prepare the filling before preparing the dough because the dough is hard to work with once it cools. Cook the bacon slices and cut in half, each roll will have half a slice of bacon.
- Soft scramble five eggs and add once ounce of cream cheese to the eggs. Remove from the skillet and place in a bowl, stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the dough: In a large microwave safe bowl combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments until cheese is completely melted.
Stir the cheese so they are combined.
- In a second smaller bowl combine the almond flour and baking powder. Mix the almond flour with the the melted cheeses.
- When the almond flour and cheese are nearly combined add in a beaten egg white and stir well.
- Using your hands work the dough to make sure the egg white is completely worked into the dough (no streaks of egg whites visible) If the dough seems too wet just add 1 tablespoon of almond flour at a time until it feels right.
- Lay the dough on a silicone baking sheet. Place a second silicone baking sheet on top and spread the dough into a thin rectangle.
- Slice the dough into 6 triangles.
- At the fatest end of the triangle add a heaping spoon of the egg mixture and half a slice of bacon. Tightly roll.
- When all the breakfast rolls have been assembeled brush with the beaten egg white.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 Roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 19.7gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 3.7gNet Carbohydrates: 3.3gFiber: 0.4gSugar: 1.1gProtein: 14.7g