This Keto Cheeseburger Soup is a low-carb, keto-friendly soup recipe that’s loaded with bacon, ground beef, cheese, and spices. Just under 6 net carbs per serving!
Who says soup has to be boring? Experience a flavor explosion of beef and bacon, alongside creamy cheese and sharp onions and tomatoes.
This keto bacon cheeseburger soup the ultimate best-of-both-worlds recipe, allowing you to stick to your low carb diet without giving up the flavors you love most!
This recipe is based on the most popular recipe on this site, my One-Pan Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet. With over 200 five star reviews, it is a clear winner with my readers! I think the thing people love about this recipe is that it is just simple, delicious comfort food. It has family favorites like bacon, beef and cheese, but it only requires one pan and a few minutes.
This bacon cheeseburger soup is no different! It takes a little bit longer to prepare, as the flavors need time to meld together, but the extra time is well worth it!
This low-carb cheeseburger soup is an absolute lifesaver if you’re craving that irresistible cheeseburger taste while on a keto diet! This flavorful recipe harbors all the unique flavor of a bacon cheeseburger without any of the work (or the bread!).
Ingredients in Keto Cheeseburger Soup
For this easy cheeseburger soup recipe, you’ll need the following basic ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Spices: Garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika
- Worcestershire sauce
- Beef broth
- Tomato paste
- Cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
How to Make Cheeseburger Soup
I’ve given detailed instructions in the recipe card below on how to make this keto-friendly soup recipe, but here are the basic steps:
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cook the chopped bacon until crisp, then remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Drain off all of the bacon grease except 1 tablespoon. Add the ground beef and onion. Brown the meat and drain off any grease.
- Add the tomato paste, mustard, broth, drained canned tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and spices.
- Stir well and bring to a simmer. Let cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and cooked bacon.
- Serve when the cheese is melted.
Can This Recipe Be Meal Prepped?
Yes, this keto cheeseburger soup is ideal for keto meal prep! It’s just as quick and easy to make a larger batch of this bacon cheeseburger soup and split it into portion sizes to last a few days.
Simply cook your soup and allow it to cool to room temperature before splitting into individual portion sizes and freezing or refrigerating (depending on when you plan to eat!).
Can This Soup Be Frozen?
Soup is always a great candidate for freezing, although different ingredients may require specific considerations.
For this low-carb cheeseburger soup, make sure to slightly undercook the vegetables if you know you will be freezing it. This is key if you want to avoid them becoming soggy when the soup is reheated. It’s also a smart idea to leave out the cheese until reheating to avoid it splitting or curdling in the freezer.
For the ultimate in convenience, you can freeze your soup in individual portion sizes. Not only does this avoid wastage, but it will also allow you to simply grab your soup and reheat it quickly and without fuss when you’re in a rush!
Tips for Making Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Make sure to chop your vegetables nice and finely for enhanced taste and a more authentic ‘cheeseburger’ texture.
- Take your cream cheese out of the refrigerator and let it warm to room temperature before adding it to your soup. This will allow the cheese to melt better for an irresistible smooth and creamy texture.
- Don’t forget your toppings! If you love to load your bowls of soup with fun toppings, you can add additional chopped bacon, shredded cheddar green onions, tomatoes, or pickles!
More Keto-Friendly Soups:
Some other amazing keto soup recipes you might enjoy are:
- If you’re a fan of fast food inspired soups, why not try out this Keto Instant Pot Pizza Soup?
- Do you love a deliciously creamy meat-based soup? Try this gorgeous Cheesy Smoked Sausage Soup.
- Fancy a little spice? Take a look at this luxurious Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup.
- If you have some ground beef left over and fancy some real home comfort, take a look at this beautiful Keto Cabbage and Beef Soup!
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup (keto + low carb)
This Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is a low carb, keto-friendly soup loaded with flavor under 6 net carbs per serving!
- 5 slices of bacon
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) diced canned tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (32 ounce carton) Beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 (8 ounce container) Cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a large sauce pan or dutch oven over medium heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cook the chopped bacon until crisp and remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Drain off all of the bacon grease except 1 tablespoon. Add the ground beef, onion and garlic. Brown the meat and drain off any grease.
- Add the tomato paste, mustard, broth, drained canned tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and spices, stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Allow the soup to simmer, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and cooked bacon
- Serve when the cheese is melted.
Top with additional cheese, bacon and green onions if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 26gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 1019mgCarbohydrates: 7.4gNet Carbohydrates: 5.9gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 4.3gProtein: 34.8g