Forget the coffee shop, this Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte is gluten free, refined sugar free and contains less than 3 net carbs each! Drizzle with a little Keto Caramel Sauce for a decadent low carb latte!
Nothing signifies the beginning of fall quite like the famed Pumpkin Spice Latte! With Halloween just around the corner, pumpkin season is firmly upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious homemade version of this Starbucks staple? This keto coffee drink can be made warm or iced, making it perfect for everyone!
If you are looking for other keto-friendly fall treats you will love these amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. They are about 3 net carbs each and feature a shortbread crust, vanilla cheesecake layer, pumpkin cheesecake and a pecan crumble! Another amazing keto treat are these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! They are about 1 net carb each and are naturally gluten and sugar free!
Ingredients in a Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
Although some of the ingredients required for this homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte may be a little difficult to source, it’s well worth stocking up to satisfy all of those cold winter night cravings! To make your very own legendary Pumpkin Spice Latte, you will need:
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin spice mix
- Golden Monkfruit sweetener
- Vanilla extract
- Maple extract
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Heavy cream
- Espresso or very strongly brewed coffee
How to Make a Classic Pumpkin Spice Latte
Once you’ve got all the ingredients sorted, making your Pumpkin Spice Latte is super simple! All you need to do is combine everything apart from the espresso in a small saucepan. Next, warm it up over a medium heat until your tasty mixture is nice and warm.
Remove from the heat and get whisking until the mixture is light and fluffy. Finally, put your freshly brewed espresso into the bottom of a large mug and pour over the lovely pumpkin spice mixture. And of course, feel free to top your latte with freshly whipped cream, additional pumpkin pie spice, and this amazing Keto Caramel Sauce if desired!
How Many Net Carbs are in a Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte?
If you’re in the habit of picking up a hot Pumpkin Spice Latte after work on a cold winter’s evening, you may feel like you have to give up your favorite guilty pleasure if you’re starting a keto diet. Luckily, this easy to make Pumpkin Spice Latte is the perfect alternative. With an impressive 2.7 net carbs per cup as opposed to 52 in Starbucks’ version, there really is no need to give up the simple pleasure of a comforting and sweet hot latte!
Can I Make a Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte Bulletproof?
Absolutely! If you’re looking for an extra keto boost to keep your body in ketosis, you can add a splash of MCT oil to your pumpkin spice latte to keep those fat levels high.
Tips for Making a Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
Aside from the health benefits, the best thing about making your own Pumpkin Spice Latte over buying one from Starbucks is that you can tailor it perfectly to suit your own tastes! Experiment with adding extra cinnamon, nutmeg or ginger for a different twist on this classic, or adjust the strength of the espresso to your liking.
More Keto Coffee Drinks
It’s no secret that I am obsessed with coffee shop knockoffs. As I’ve mentioned before, this Keto Coffee Frappuccino is my all-time favorite coffee recipe! Here are a few other go-tos of mine:
- Almond Butter Frappuccino
- Keto Hot Cocoa with Espresso Whipped Cream
- Keto Mocha Frappuccino
- Keto Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 tablespoon monkfruit sweetener (golden, granular or confectioners)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 drops maple extract (optional)
- 2 shots of Espresso or 1/2 cup very strongly brewed coffee
- Combine everything apart from the espresso in a small saucepan and heat, whisking occasionally, until well combined and iit reaches your desired temperature.
- Remove from the heat and whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy. Finally, put your freshly brewed espresso into the bottom of a large mug and pour over the lovely pumpkin spice mixture.
- Top your latte with freshly whipped cream,additional pumpkin pie spice and keto caramel sauce if desired.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 latte
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 7.6gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 3.4gNet Carbohydrates: 2.7gFiber: 0.7gSugar: 1.2gProtein: 1.9g