This simple Italian Sausage and Kale skillet is a hearty one pan meal loaded with meat and vegetables! Enjoy a generous helping for just 6 net carbs!
Italian Sausage and Kale Skillet
This Italian Sausage and Kale Skillet is an incredibly delicious one pan meal! I love this keto dinner recipe because you can really feel good about feeding this to your family. There is a large serving of protein from the sausage and there are several servings of vegetables! This easy keto dinner recipe combines flavorful Italian sausage, aromatic garlic, heavy cream and fresh peppers, kale, onion and tomatoes!
This Italian Sausage skillet also comes together very quickly, while making a really impressive dish. Just brown the sausage and cook everything together in one pan and you are ready to go! This is the perfect weeknight dinner that everyone at your table will really enjoy! The flavors of the sausage and vegetables go so well together, and the creamy sauce really brings it all together!
Ingredients in Italian Sausage and Kale
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Sausage Skillet. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Italian sausage- I prefer this variety of sausage in this skillet since it has so much flavor!
- Minced garlic, tomato paste, heavy cream, salt and pepper
- Bell peppers, onion, tomato, kale
How do I make this Sausage Skillet?
You won’t believe how easy this dinner is to make! Just 3 easy steps and you are ready to serve!
- Brown your sausage and drain the grease. Put your sausage to one side of the skillet (you can also remove it if your skillet is small).
- Add your veggies and saute for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is tender and the kale is wilted.
- Stir the tomato paste and heavy cream into the skillet until a nice sauce forms. Add salt and pepper and serve!
How many carbs are in this healthy dinner recipe?
There are only 6 net carbs in a very generous serving of this easy keto recipe! This meal is full of protein as well as fiber, so it will really fill you up and keep you going!
Tips for the best keto Italian Sausage recipe
- If you don’t enjoy pork, you could easily replace it with a ground turkey or chicken. I would recommend that you generously season the meat with Italian seasoning.
- You can buy bagged kale that already has the stems removed, making this dinner even faster!
- If you want your sauce to be a bit creamier, you can always add more heavy cream. Alternatively, if you prefer a lighter sauce, you can use half and half.
What should I serve with this Italian Sausage Recipe?
The first thing that comes to mind is bread! Of this list of 30+ Keto Bread Recipes, I’ve got to say that my favorite is probably the Red Lobster Copycat Keto Rolls or the Three Cheese Biscuits. Keto Mashed Cauliflower or Air Fryer Green Beans would also be delicious with this recipe! For dessert, try these No Bake Peanut Butter Bars or Bakery Style Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies!
More one pan recipes
- One Pan Tuscan Chicken (keto + low carb)
- Cheesy Fajita Chicken (keto + one pan)
- Keto Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
- One Pan Shrimp Creole (keto + low carb)
More easy healthy dinner recipes
- Asian Pork Tenderloin with Air Fryer Vegetables (keto + low carb)
- Chicken Fajitas (keto + low carb)
- Air Fryer Chicken
- Steak and Shrimp Skillet
Italian Sausage and Kale Skillet (keto + low carb)
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers any color
- 3-4 cups chopped kale stems removed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream + more if you want it creamier
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, deep skillet brown the Italian sausage and drain off any grease. Push the sausage to one side of the skillet, or remove completely if your skillet is a little too small.
- Add the garlic, onion, tomatoes, peppers and kale. Toss the vegetables and saute 4-5 minutes until the onions and tender and the kale has wilted.
- Stir in the tomato paste and heavy cream until a sauce forms. Add salt and pepper to taste.