Try this Steak and Shrimp Skillet for an easy, impressive meal! This keto steak recipe is ready in less than 20 minutes and has just 4 net carbs per serving!
Steak and Shrimp
Steak and Shrimp are one of those great flavor combinations that many of us reserve for special occasions. Also called Surf and Turf, steak and shrimp is quite impressive and may seem a bit out of reach for a weeknight dinner. However, this one pan, 20 minute recipe is sure to change your mind. This dish also features tender asparagus, peppers and zucchini, making it a complete, well rounded meal!
Steak and Shrimp Skillet Ingredients
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. To get the complete recipe just keep scrolling. For this steak recipe you will need:
- Steak tips, or 1 inch cuts of your favorite steak
- Deveined, shelled and thawed shrimp
- Vegetables: asparagus, bell peppers, onions, zucchini
- Other ingredients: extra virgin olive oil and cajun seasoning or your favorite all purpose seasoning blend.
How to make Surf and Turf?
You won’t believe how simple this recipe is. First, just combine all of your ingredients in a large bowl and coat with olive oil and your seasonings. Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium high heat and add nonstick spray. Add your seasoned ingredients to the hot skillet.
Try to align everything in one layer, if you can. Cook for three minutes, stir and then cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and the veggies are fork tender.
How do I know when steak is done?
The cook time is determined by your preferred cut. The most reliable way to monitor your steak is to use a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached your preferred level of doneness. Here’s a simple guide to temperatures and doneness:
- Medium Rare: 135 degrees F or 57 degrees C
- Medium: 145 degrees F or 63 degrees C
- Medium Well: 150 degrees F or 66 degrees C
- Well: 160 degrees F or 71 degrees C
Tips for the Best Steak and Shrimp
- Arrange everything in a single layer, if possible. You can also cook in batches if you don’t have a large enough skillet.
- This is an excellent recipe for a stove top griddle, or an outdoor Blackstone griddle if you have one handy.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe if you’re cooking for a crowd! Just remember, you will have to cook in batches.
- For extra flavor, you can marinate your shrimp using this recipe
- If you prefer your food to be extra spicy, step up the cajun seasoning! If you prefer your food a little more mild, even a small portion of the seasoning will add an excellent flavor
How to Store and Reheat Steak and Shrimp
To store, simply place in the fridge in a glass or plastic container with an airtight lid. This meal will keep fresh for up to three days.
To reheat, just put in the microwave and warm in 30 second increments until your desired temperature is met. You could also warm on the stove top or in the Air Fryer.
More One Pan Meals
Steak and Shrimp Skillet
- 1 pound steak tips, or 1 inch cubes of your favorite cut
- 1 pound thawed shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup asparagus, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning*
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Spray with cooking oil. Add the meat and veggies to the skillet, trying to place everything in a single layer if possible.
- Cook the veggies 3 minutes without tossing, stir and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until the shrimp is pink and cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Cooking Guide for Steak
Medium Rare: 135 degrees F or 57 degrees C
Medium: 145 degrees F or 63 degrees C
Medium Well: 150 degrees F or 66 degrees C
Well: 160 degrees F or 71 degrees C
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: About 1 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 15.6gCholesterol: 173mgSodium: 1106mgCarbohydrates: 6.4gNet Carbohydrates: 4.7gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 3.1gProtein: 39g