Keto Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars are the ultimate keto cream cheese dessert! At about 5.5 net carbs per bar, you won’t believe how decadent these are!
The number one request I have gotten the last few months is to please create more keto cheesecake bar recipes! You guys have loved my Keto Cranberry Cheesecake Bars I shared right before the holidays.
Since Spring is right around the corner I wanted to create a new refreshing flavor to mix things up! This keto blueberry cheesecake bars recipe is very similar to the beloved cranberry version.
However, instead of a layer of vanilla cheesecake and cranberry sauce, this version features a creamy lemon cheesecake layer topped with a low-carb blueberry sauce!
Ingredients in Keto Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
These lemon blueberry cream cheese bars consist of four layers. The bottom layer is an almond flour crust that closely resembles a sugar cookie crust.
Next, a tangy lemon cheesecake layer is then topped by a blueberry sauce. The final layer is an almond flour coconut crumb topping.
The ingredients you will need for this recipe are:
- Almond flour
- Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- Cream cheese
- Egg yolk
- Lemon juice and lemon zest
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
Can I Use Frozen Blueberries?
Yes, frozen blueberries will work! The low-carb blueberry sauce will just take a few extra minutes to cook down and thicken.
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
These are such easy keto cheesecake bars to make! Here’s an overview of how they’re prepared:
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Make the crust: This recipe uses the same low carb almond flour shortbread crust that I use for these Keto Lemon Bars.
- Stir together the melted butter, almond flour and sweetener together to form a soft buttery crust.
- Lightly press the dough into an even layer in the bottom of the pan and bake for 7 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Prep the layers: The cheesecake layer is just cream cheese, an egg yolk, confectioners Swerve, lemon juice and lemon zest. You can use an electric mixer to beat the ingredients until they form a smooth consistency.
- For the blueberry sauce, simply combine blueberries, water and confectioners Swerve in a saucepan and allow it to simmer until it reduces to a thick blueberry sauce.
- Assemble the bars: After pre-baking the crust for 7 minutes, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool a few minutes. Top the crust with the cheesecake layer, then top with the low carb blueberry sauce.
- Make the coconut crumble topping: For this add butter, almond flour and unsweetened coconut to a small blender or food processor and pulse until the mixture is course and butter has broken up.
- Sprinkle the topping over the blueberry layer and bake 20 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing.
How Many Net Carbs Are in This Recipe?
These bars come in at 5.5 net carbs each if you slice them into 12 equal portions. Not too bad for a four layer bar dessert, huh?
I actually prefer to slice them into even smaller portions since I don’t have a major sweet tooth and the net carbs come to about 2.5.
Tips for Making Keto Cheesecake Bars
- Be sure to line your baking pan with foil or parchment paper and allow the liner to overhang on the edges. This way, you can easily lift the entire batch of lemon blueberry cream cheese bars right out of the pan. It makes slicing and serving a breeze!
- I prefer to use my small blender/food processor for making the chesecake filling and the crumble that goes on top.
- Note that the low carb blueberry sauce can very easily be prepped several days ahead of time.
- For clean slices, I recommend placing the bars in the freezer for a few minutes prior to slicing.
More Keto Cream Cheese Desserts:
- Keto Fruit Pizza
- Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Truffles
Almond Flour Crust
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons swerve sweetener
Low Carb Blueberry Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup of confectioners swerve sweetener
Lemon Cheesecake Layer
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup confectioners swerve
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, tightly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Coconut Crumble Topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoons swerve sweetener
To begin prepare the Bluberry Sauce: add blueberries, swerve sweetener and water. Allow mixutre to simmer until it becomes thick, approximately 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
For the Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line an 8x8 pan with foil or parchment paper.
Combine the melted butter, almond flour and swerve in a small bowl and press into the foil lined pan.
Prebake crust for 7 minutes, it should not be firm just slightly beginning to brown around the edges.
Remove crust and allow it to cool. DO NOT add the cheesecake layer while it is hot.
For the Lemon Cheesecake Layer:
Using an electric mixer or small blender combine the cream cheese, egg yolk, sweetener and lemon juice, zest and extract until smooth.
Spread the cheesecake layer evenly over the crust.
For the Blueberry Layer:
Spread the prepared low carb blueberry sauce over the cheesecake mixture.
For the Crumble:
Combine the butter, almond flour, unsweetened coconut and sweetener in a small blender or food processor and pulse until it resembles a crumb like mixture.
Sprinkle over the blueberry layer.
Bake 18-20 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
Allow bars to cool completely before slicing.
Place the bars in the freezer for 15 minutes before slicing to get nice clean slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!