These Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Bars have a decadent buttery shortbread crust, delicious vanilla cheesecake with low carb strawberry sauce and are topped with a pecan crumble! Under 5 carbs each, these bars are going to become your go-to keto dessert!
Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
I have always been a sucker for cheesecake. Who isn’t, honestly? It’s the best dessert! Cheesecake was one thing I was so sad to lose while on keto. But I’m so happy to say that I have come up with some amazing keto cheesecake recipes- check out this list of 20+ Delicious Keto Cheesecake Recipes for some great desserts! I love being able to enjoy cheesecake while sticking to my keto diet.
These Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Bars are so decadent. The first layer is a buttery shortbread crust, then a creamy vanilla cheesecake layer. The cheesecake is covered with an amazing low carb strawberry sauce and topped with a pecan crumble. You will adore every bite of these amazing cheesecake bars! For more delicious low carb meals, check out my page of Easy Keto Recipes!
Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Bars Ingredients
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Bars. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page. To make Keto Cheesecake Bare you will need:
- Butter: I use salted butter, but unsalted will also work.
- Almond flour- I have had a lot of success with Anthony’s brand.
- Keto confectioner’s sweetener- I use Swerve or Monkfruit.
- Cream cheese: room temperature cream cheese creates the creamiest cheesecake layer.
- Egg yolk: size large egg is recommended.
- Vanilla extract: a good quality extract makes all the difference in this dessert!
- Strawberry sauce: prep this ahead of time!
- Pecans: crushed, halves or whole, it doesn’t matter because we blend them to make the crumble topping.
How do you make easy keto Strawberry Cheesecake Bars?
First, combine butter, almond flour and swerve in a bowl and place into a lined pan. Bake the crust for 7 minutes. Second, combine the cream cheese, egg yolk, sweetener and vanilla with a mixer and mix until smooth. Spread over your crust. Add the strawberry sauce over the cheesecake layer.
For the topping, combine butter, almond flour, pecans and sweetener to a blender or food processor. Pulse until it has a crumb like texture and sprinkle over the sauce layer. Bake for 18-20 minutes and allow to cool completely before serving.
How do you make low carb Strawberry Sauce?
You will need to make this low carb strawberry sauce ahead of time. It is so easy, you just need fresh strawberries, confectioners keto-friendly sweetener and vanilla extract. You will want to opt for the strawberry sauce verses just adding fresh strawberries to your cheesecake bars because fresh fruit will add too much moisture. If you go that route you will have very soggy bars.
Just follow the steps and simmer the strawberries until you get a lovely thick sauce. Allow the sauce to cool completely before assembling your cheesecake bars.
Are strawberries keto?
Yes! A half a cup of strawberries is only 4.3 net carbs. Strawberries do contain natural sugars, so they do need to be enjoyed in moderation. But strawberries also contain antioxidants, are high in fiber as well as vitamin C, so they are a very nutrient rich food.
How to store Keto Cheesecake Bars
Place in a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and keep in the fridge. These bars will remain fresh for up to a week. If you would like to freeze them, then the bars will be good for up to two months in the freezer.
If you are planning on freezing these bars, wrap each bar in plastic wrap and then wrap again in aluminum foil- this prevents freezer burn. When you are ready to thaw your bars, let them sit at room temperature for 2-4 hours in the fridge overnight.
Tips for the best low carb Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Use an 8×8 pan. If you use a larger pan such as a 9×9 or pie pan your bars will be too thin.
- Allow the crust to cool completely before adding the cheesecake layers. It is a soft, buttery crust and if you spread the cold cheesecake over the warm crust before it cools and sets, your crust will tear.
- For the best cheesecake texture, use room temperature cream cheese and eggs.
- Line the bottom of the pan and allow the parchment paper to hang over the sides. After bars have cooled, lift the entire batch out by carefully pulling up the liner.
- For pretty, clean slices, place in the freezer for 15 minutes before slicing.
More Keto Cheesecake recipes
- Keto Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Butter Pecan Cheesecake
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
- Keto Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Keto friendly confectioners sweetener such as Swerve or Monkfruit
Vanilla Cheesecake Layer
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Keto friendly confectioners sweetener such as Swerve or Monkfruit
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup prepared low carb Strawberry Sauce (link in post and below)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon Keto friendly confectioners sweetener such as Swerve or Monkfruit
- For the Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line an 8x8 pan with foil or parchment paper.
Combine the melted butter, almond flour and sweetener in a small bowl and press into the lined pan.
- Pre-bake crust for 8 minutes, it should not be firm just slightly beginning to brown around the edges.
- Remove crust and allow it to cool completely.
- For the Vanilla Cheesecake Layer: Using an electric mixer or small blender combine the cream cheese, egg yolk, sweetener and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread the cheesecake layer evenly over the cooled crust.
- For the Strawberry Layer: Spread the prepared low carb strawberry sauce over the cheesecake mixture.
- For the Pecan Crumble: Combine the cold butter, almond flour, pecans and sweetener in a small blender or food processor and pulse until it resembles a crumb like mixture. Sprinkle over the berry layer.
- Bake 22-26 minutes until the top is lightly browned and the bars have set.
- Allow bars to cool completely before slicing.
This is the Strawberry Sauce I use.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 27.1gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 6.1gNet Carbohydrates: 4.6gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 2.3gProtein: 5.5g