This Crock Pot Sun Dried Tomato Chicken is a rich, creamy slow cooker chicken recipe that is packed full of flavor. It is a family-friendly meal that provides 8 servings in just a few simple steps!
Tangy, sweet, smoky…these are just a few of the words used to describe the unique flavor of sun dried tomatoes. Personally, tangy is the first adjective to come to mind. While we may not all agree on the best way to describe its flavor, we can surely agree that this Italian, sun dried tomato flavor is distinctive and delicious. Especially when combined with chicken.
This creamy, crockpot chicken recipe is an incredibly simple, time-saving way to get the distinctive, mouthwatering flavor of sun dried tomato chicken without spending hours in the kitchen. This recipe only requires 10-15 minutes of prep time then you will simply let it cook in the crockpot.
This creamy chicken recipe provides 8 servings so it is a great choice as a weeknight meal for a larger family or even a small gathering. If you enjoy meal prep, make this high protein chicken recipe at the beginning of the week. Then, depending on the size of your family, you can stretch it into one or several meals later in the week. You can also freeze this recipe for up to 3 months.
What You Will Love About This Recipe
- Easy. This recipe only requires a couple simple steps before cooking in the slow cooker. Since it is a slow cooker recipe, there is minimal clean up required!
- Family-friendly. This recipe provides 8 servings so it is a great choice for a family dinner and you will still likely have some leftovers!
- Meal-prep. This is a great meal prep choice that you can either prepare ahead of time and freeze or make at the beginning of the week and stretch into multiple meals.
Here are the ingredients you need to make this sun dried tomato chicken. Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the page to see the exact amounts for each ingredient.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: If you prefer dark meat, you could use boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Spices: Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper to taste
- Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped: the heart of this recipe that provides a sweet, tangy flavor
- Butter: used to sauté the garlic
- Garlic cloves, minced: Adds flavor to the Alfredo sauce
- White wine or chicken broth: we recommend white wine but a high-quality chicken broth will also work
- Heavy cream: This helps provide the creamy texture and balances the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Grated parmesan cheese: used to add flavor to your sauce
How to Make Slow Cooker Sun Dried Tomato Chicken
In addition to the ingredients listed above, you will need a small sauce pan, cooking spray, and a slow cooker (4-quart or larger) for this recipe. You can follow our step-by-step instructions below for the best results. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the printable recipe card with all the ingredients and exact amounts.
Season the chicken
Spray the inside of a 4-quart crock pot with cooking spray. Then place the chicken in the bottom of the dish and top with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Make the Alfredo sauce
Melt the butter in a small saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add the white wine and allow the wine to simmer and reduce by half. This step takes about 5 minutes. Once the wine is reduced, add the heavy cream and parmesan and stir well. Allow the alfredo sauce to simmer for 5 minutes until it has thickened.
Cook the chicken
Pour the sauce over the chicken and place the lid on the slow cooker. Cook the chicken on low up to 8 hours or on high up to 3 hours. (Remember, the cooking time in crock pots can vary tremendously. If your slow cooker runs high (brings things to a simmer on low) you will want to stick to a cooking time of no more than 5-6 hours.)
What to Serve with this Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken Recipe
- Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts– Only 7 simple ingredients and about 15 minutes are needed for this versatile, healthy recipe.
- Italian Baked Mushrooms– These mushrooms are smothered in a delicious butter, garlic, and herb sauce! This is the perfect easy, low-carb side dish recipe!
- Keto Dinner Rolls– These dinner rolls are perfectly soft and fluffy, you would never guess they are low carb! This homemade bread recipe is the perfect addition to your dinner table and only takes 30 minutes.
- Keto Three Cheese Biscuits– Each cheesy low carb biscuit is loaded with sharp cheddar, mozzarella and fresh basil for just 2 net carbs each!
- Parmesan Cauliflower– This delicious Air Fryer Parmesan Cauliflower is tossed in a delicious garlic parmesan sauce and cooked to crispy perfection! Just 4 net carbs for a full cup of this buttery side dish.
- Cauliflower Risotto– This delicious cauliflower rice risotto is made with parmesan, cream cheese and piled high with seasonings! This one pan meal is low carb, gluten free and ready in under 30 minutes!
Storage and Reheating Instructions
This is a great meal prep recipe that you can prepare ahead of time whether you plan to store it for a few days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer. Here are our storage and reheating recommendations below.
Reheating: You can easily reheat this recipe in the microwave. Reheat for 45 seconds then in 15-second increments until heated to your desired level.
Refrigerator Storage: Allow to cool completely. Then you can store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Freezer Storage: First, allow it to cool completely. Then you should store it in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
Sun Dried Tomato Chicken FAQ
Yes, this recipe is gluten free if prepared as described.
Yes, you can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months. After allowing to cool completely, store in a freezer safe container.
We’ve provided a list of low carb side dish suggestions above. Enjoy!
Other Slow Cooker Recipes
Crock Pot Sun Dried Tomato Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon EACH garlic powder paprika
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Spray the inside of a 4-quart crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the dish and top with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add the white wine and allow the wine to simmer and reduce by half. This step takes about 5 minutes.
- When the wine is reduced, add the heavy cream and parmesan and stir well. Allow the alfredo sauce to simmer for 5 minutes until it has thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and place the lid on the slow cooker. Cook the chicken on low up to 8 hours or on high up to 3 hours. (Remember, the cooking time in crock pots can vary tremendously. If your slow cooker runs high (brings things to a simmer on low) you will want to stick to a cooking time of no more than 5-6 hours. )