These Keto Dinner Rolls are perfectly soft and fluffy, you would never guess they are low carb! This homemade bread recipe is the perfect addition to your dinner table and only takes 30 minutes.
Cheesy Keto Dinner Rolls in 30 Minutes
Almost every meal is made better if you add some dinner rolls to the menu. Rolls are the perfect side dish: they’re delicious on their own, help balance out a meal, and can be used to sop up any extra sauce or juice. These keto dinner rolls are some of my absolute favorites. They’re so rich and cheesy, with both mozzarella and cream cheese. But they’re still light and fluffy, with a hearty flavor from the almond flour and flaxseed meal.
And best of all? They’re so easy to make. They only take about 15 minutes of prep work, and another 15 minutes in the oven. And then, just like that, you’ll have the perfect sidekick for just about any meal!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Dinner Roll Recipe
This is one of my go-to bread recipes. Here’s why I think you’ll love it.
- Quick and easy. This recipe only takes about 30 minutes to make, and it only uses a handful of ingredients. You can easily throw them together for any weeknight meal.
- Super cheesy. Everybody loves cheese. But most bread recipes that have cheese in them aren’t actually very cheesy. This recipe has a large amount of both cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese, and you can taste both. It’s one of the cheesiest bread recipes I’ve ever tried.
- Way better than store-bought. Unfortunately, most keto bread at the grocery store is pretty disappointing. They’re usually dense, bland, and super dry. I promise you these keto rolls are better than any keto bread that you’ll find at the grocery store!
Here are all the ingredients you need to make these cheesy 30-minute keto dinner rolls.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – You can shred your own cheese if you want, but pre-shredded works just fine for this recipe.
- Cream cheese – For best results, make sure to use full-fat cream cheese.
- Large eggs – binds the dough and helps provide a fluffy taste and texture.
- Almond flour – If possible, use superfine blanched almond flour.
- Flaxseed meal – this is what I use.
- Baking powder and Fine sea salt: provides lift, rise and flavor.
- Butter – Butter is optional, but adds extra richness to the rolls. You want to use unsalted butter.
How to Make Keto Dinner Rolls
Here’s how to make these quick and easy rolls.
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 400F, and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Mix the dry ingredients. Add the almond flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt to a bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Prepare the cheeses. Add the cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese to a microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Melt the cheese. Heat the cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until the cheese is fully melted.
- Add the eggs. Put the eggs in the bowl with the melted cheese.
- Whisk. Whisk the eggs into the melted cheese until everything is mostly combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Pour the egg and melted cheese mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Mix. Mix the ingredients together until a dough ball starts to form.
- Knead. Knead the dough until it becomes soft and everything is well mixed. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Portion the dough. Divide the dough into 12 equal-sized pieces.
- Make the dough balls. Roll each piece of dough into a ball, and place it in the prepared baking dish, forming a 3×4 grid.
- Bake. Put the rolls in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes.
- Cool. Remove the rolls from the oven and put the baking dish on a wire cooling rack. If you want, you can brush some melted butter over the top.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips for making the best possible keto dinner rolls.
- Use room temperature eggs. Whenever possible, it’s best to use room temperature eggs when baking. When eggs are at room temperature, they’ll better mix with other ingredients, making the dough smoother.
- Let cool. These rolls smell delicious, so it’s tempting to eat them while they’re super hot. But the longer you let them cool, the more the rolls will firm up, making the texture much better.
- Whisk quickly. When you add the eggs, make sure to whisk them in very quickly. If you let them sit in the bowl with the melted cheese, the eggs will begin to cook, which you don’t want to happen.
I’m a fan of serving these keto dinner rolls with pretty much any meal. But I think they go perfectly alongside a hearty, saucy entree. Here are a few of my favorite things to serve these rolls with.
- Instant pot pork chops
- Crockpot buffalo chicken
- Sausage and peppers
- Crockpot turkey breast
- Cabbage and sausage soup
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
You can store leftover keto dinner rolls in the fridge for up to 4 days. Just make sure that you keep them in an airtight container or bag. Reheat them in the microwave on 80% power for 20-30 seconds.
Can I Freeze Keto Dinner Rolls?
Absolutely! I like to store them in a double layer of airtight plastic bags, and then they’ll last for 3 months in the freezer. Thaw or defrost completely before reheating in the microwave, or reheat on medium heat in the toaster oven.
More Easy Keto Breads to Try
Some people think that you can’t have good bread and other baked goods with a keto diet, but that couldn’t be further from the truth! Here are some of my favorites to make.
- Keto pretzel bites with cheese sauce
- Keto cheesy zucchini breadsticks
- Keto garlic bread chaffles
- Keto pizza skillet
- Keto cinnamon twists
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (12 ounces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups almond flour, spooned and leveled (ideally the "superfine blanched" version)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F, and grease a 9"x13" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted (about 1 ½ minutes total). Once melted, quickly whisk in the eggs until mostly combined.
- Mix the melted cheese mixture into the dry ingredients until a thick dough forms.
- Knead the ball of dough until everything is very well incorporated and you have a soft and cohesive ball of dough, about 1-2 minutes.
- Divid the dough into 12 equal portions, and roll each portion into a ball. Place into the prepared pan in a 3x4 grid.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the center of each roll is golden brown.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and place the pan onto a wire cooling rack.
- Optionally, brush each roll with melted butter. Allow rolls to cool completely before serving.
- I use Bob's Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour (blanched)
- Store in an airtight bag in the fridge for 4 days, or in the freezer for 3 months.
- You can reheat in the microwave on 80% power in 20-second intervals.
- You can grate your own cheese, but pre-shredded works well in this recipe.
- To cut this recipe in half, bake the rolls in a loaf pan or a circle baking pan for 13-15 minutes.
- You can also bake the rolls on a rimmed cookie sheet, just make sure to line it with parchment paper or grease it with cooking spray.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 8.3gCholesterol: 48.2mgSodium: 447.6mgCarbohydrates: 5.7gNet Carbohydrates: 3.8gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 1.5gProtein: 13.8g