These easy Keto Cinnamon Twists have a delicious keto cream cheese dipping sauce for the best gluten free + keto snack! Enjoy two twists and frosting for just 3 net carbs!
Keto Cinnamon Twists
Nobody would guess that these Keto Cinnamon Twists are low carb and sugar free! They taste just like they’re made with puff pastry and filled with cinnamon sugar… But they’re actually made with a fathead dough and filled with a mix of cinnamon and monk fruit sweetener! They taste like a Keto Cinnamon Roll but have more crispy edges.
While I think these are a sweet breakfast to start your day, these Cinnamon Twists would also be the PERFECT dessert for a keto pizza night. Enjoy 2 of these Keto Pizza Muffins, a Cheesy Zucchini Breadstick, and 2 of these twists for a delicious low carb meal, only 8.3 net carbs! For more fun fall recipes, check out this list of 20+ Easy Fall Desserts!
Ingredients for Keto Dough
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need to make these Keto Cinnamon Twists! For exact measurements, keep scrolling down to the printable recipe card.
- Egg white
- Mozzarella cheese – Shredded
- Cream cheese
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- Granular monk fruit sweetener
- Melted butter
- Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce
- Softened cream cheese
- Confectioners monkfruit sweetener
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy cream or unsweetened almond milk
How to Make Keto Cinnamon Twists
There are many separate parts to this recipe–The key is to have all of your ingredients measured and organized before you begin! The keto dough is time sensitive, so you will not have time to find and measure ingredients as you go. While you’re making the twists, you can preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Make the dough:
- Bowl 1: Mozzarella and cream cheese
- Bowl 2: Almond flour and baking powder
- Bowl 3: Beaten egg white.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine mozzarella and cream cheese. Heat in 30-second increments until cheese is completely melted. Stir to combine. Add the almond flour and baking powder into the bowl with the melted cheeses and mix. When nearly combined, add in the beaten egg white.
Using your hands, work the dough to make sure the egg white is completely worked into the dough–There should be NO streaks of egg white visible. If it seems too wet, add a tablespoon of almond flour at a time until it feels right. Lay the dough on a silicone baking sheet, placing a second silicone baking sheet on top. Spread the dough into a thin rectangle.
Add the cinnamon sugar filling:
Brush the melted butter over half the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Fold the remaining dough over the cinnamon sugar to cover (like you’re closing a book). Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the dough into long, thin strips. Carefully twist the dough and place on the silicone lined baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
Low Carb Cream Cheese Frosting
This low carb cream cheese frosting makes the perfect dipping sauce for these Keto Cinnamon Twists! It’s super quick to whip up, only adds about 16 calories and 0.1 net carb to each cinnamon twist, and is absolutely delicious!
In a blender, combine the softened cream cheese, confectioners monk fruit, vanilla extract, and heavy cream or almond milk. Blend until smooth. If you prefer a thinner consistency, add a tablespoon more liquid at a time and blend again until it reaches your preference.
Tips for the Best Cinnamon Twists
- I can’t say this enough–Have your ingredients out and measured before beginning! If your melted cheese cools off before you are able to thoroughly mix in your almond flour and baking powder, you’ll have to keep reheating it in the microwave. The process goes much smoother and quicker if you prepare first.
- Make sure to not overcook! Because the strips are thin, overcooking them can make them dry.
Can I make Cinnamon Twists ahead of time?
Yes, you can! You can store these in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 days. To reheat, pop into the air fryer at 325 for 1-2 minutes to keep them crispy. You could also microwave them, but they’ll go a bit soft that way. If you want to keep them crisp but don’t have an air fryer, warm them in the oven for a few minutes at 350 degrees F.
More Keto Fathead Dough Recipes
The dough I used for these twists is called Fathead Dough, and it is SO useful! This low-carb and gluten-free dough can be used like you would use canned crescent roll dough–Try it in Keto Bacon Egg Cheese Rolls, Keto Pigs in a Blanket, or Blackberry Brie Bites. It can make great pizza crust or cinnamon rolls, too.
Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Ham, Cheddar, and Jalapeno Bites – 1 net carb
- Keto Caramel Frappuccino – 1.8 net carbs
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread – 3.3 net carbs
- Easy Keto Breakfast Sandwiches – all under 5 net carbs
Want more? Check out this list of 40+ Keto Breakfast Recipes under 5 Net Carbs!
Keto Cinnamon Twists
Keto Dough Ingredients
- 1 egg white beaten until it triples in volume
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- 3 tablespoons granular monkfruit sweetener
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners monkfruit sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or unsweetened almond milk*
Before you begin, measure and set out all of your ingredients. The dough is time sensitive so you will need to work quickly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30-second increments until cheese is completely melted.
- Stir the cheeses so they are combined.
- In a second smaller bowl, combine the almond flour and baking powder. Mix the almond flour with the the melted cheeses.
- When the almond flour and cheese are nearly combined, add in a beaten egg white and stir well.
- Using your hands work the dough to make sure the egg white is completely worked into the dough (no streaks of egg whites visible). If the dough seems too wet, just add 1 tablespoon of almond flour at a time until it feels right.
- Lay the dough on a silicone baking sheet. Place a second silicone baking sheet on top and spread the dough into a thin rectangle.
- Brush the melted butter over half the dough and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Fold the remaining dough over the cinnamon sugar (like closing a book).
- Use a pizza cutter or sharpe knife to cut the dough into thin strips. Carefully twist the dough and place on the silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
To make the cream cheese dipping sauce combine:
- Combine all of the cream cheese ingredients in a blender or food processor, blend until smooth.
*Add more liquid if you want to thin the mixture.
- Yield: 16 Cinnamon Twists
- Nutrition calculated per twist: 62 calories, total fat 3.2g, sodium 65mg, total carbs 1.6, fiber, 0.2, sugars 0.4, protein 3g