This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken is going to become one of your favorites for keto meal prep! This chicken recipe is easy, delicious and under 2 net carbs!
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
A keto slow cooker recipe is always going to be a huge win in my book. This slow cooker buffalo chicken recipe is one of my best yet! The recipe features tender, slow cooked shredded chicken that’s been tossed in a super easy and creamy buffalo sauce! It is absolutely full of flavor! We love this recipe even more than buffalo chicken wings and it is easier to prepare!
This easy chicken recipe is perfect for sandwiches, lettuce wraps, quesadillas, tacos or in your favorite salad. It is also a great recipe for game day or keto meal prep! You probably already have most of the ingredients for this meal on hand, and a large serving is only 1.4 net carbs and under 300 calories!
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken in Slow Cooker
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our slow cooker chicken. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Chicken (we prefer boneless skinless chicken breasts but skinless chicken thighs would also work)
- Ranch seasoning packet
- Buffalo sauce, apple cider vinegar
- Minced garlic, butter, cream cheese
How do I make this Slow Cooker Chicken?
You won’t believe how simple this meal is. It comes together in only 2 easy steps!
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray, or use a liner. Add your chicken to the crock pot and sprinkle with Ranch seasoning. Add your buffalo sauce, vinegar and minced garlic to the top of the chicken. Top with butter and cream cheese.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Shred the chicken and toss back in the buffalo wing sauce in the slow cooker.(*Optional-garnish with some cheddar cheese and blue cheese crumbles prior to serving)
Do I need anything special for this recipe?
One of the best things about this recipe is that there’s no prep and barely any cleanup. Just put your ingredients in the slow cooker and come home to a delicious low carb dinner! My Crockpot Buffalo Chicken is a great recipe for weeknights, as a healthy lunch or if you have picky eaters. This meal is definitely kid-friendly! You can easily adjust the amount of spice to make sure everyone in your house will enjoy this buffalo chicken. Try this easy slow cooker chicken this week!
How to Store and Reheat Crock Pot Chicken?
To store this crockpot chicken, store in airtight containers and keep in the refrigerator. This chicken will stay fresh for up to four days. To reheat, just pop onto a microwave safe plate and heat in 30 second increments until hot enough for you.
What should I serve with shredded Buffalo Chicken?
This meal is fantastic as a topping to a salad or served in a lettuce wrap. We also like to serve as a buffalo chicken dip with celery sticks and ranch dressing. You could also wrap in a low carb tortilla and either have easy Buffalo Chicken tacos or pop into the Air Fryer for a delicious Air Fryer Quesadilla!
Another fun family idea is to serve this creamy chicken in the middle of a Chicken Taco Salad Board. Everyone in the family could decide what they wanted on their tacos, or you could have each member assemble their own! This is a fun way to get kids involved in dinner.
Tips for this Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- I recommend cubing the cream cheese versus adding it as a block. It will melt more evenly and be easier to spread in the sauce.
- If you have family members that are more sensitive to spice than others, you can prepare this chicken with a smaller amount of buffalo sauce. When those who want more of a kick to their meal are ready to eat, they can top theirs with extra sauce!
- I personally prefer cooking this chicken on low and letting it slowly cook all day. If you are short on time, you could cook this meal on high for 4 hours.
Is this good for keto meal prep?
This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken was made for keto meal prep! Simply prepare ahead of time and store in your favorite meal prep containers. Pack with Ham and Cheese Pinwheels, Keto Lunch Skewers or Keto Chicken Salad for extra protein. Add Air Fryer Broccoli, Crispy Zucchini Chips or Air Fryer Green Beans for a serving of vegetables. For dessert, try Lemon Cookies, Turtle Brownies or Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles!
More Slow Cooker Chicken Breast recipes
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 1 ounce package Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Spray a 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the chicken breast in the bottom of the crock pot and sprinkle with Ranch seasoning. Drizzle with the buffalo sauce, vinegar and minced garlic. Top with the butter and cubed cream cheese.
- Cook the chicken on low for 6 hours, shred the chicken and toss in the creamy buffalo chicken sauce.
- Serve in lettuce wraps, low carb tortillas, or with a salad.