These Ham and Cheese Chaffles require just 5 ingredients and are about 1 net carb each! This is the perfect easy keto breakfast or snack recipe!
Today I am introducing you to one of our most favorite recipes! These Ham and Cheese Chaffles are the perfect grab and go breakfast recipe. They are perfectly soft on the inside and crisp on the outside. They are loaded with cheese and chunks of savory ham. You can enjoy these chaffles by themself or with a side of eggs!
One of our favorite ways to serve these is as a light lunch or appetizer! Simply cut into triangles and serve with your favorite mustard as dipping sauce. It is easy, satisfying and so delicious!
Ingredients for Ham and Cheese Chaffles
As always, you will find the complete recipe and instructions below, simply keep scrolling. This is just a quick overview of the ingredients you will need:
- Eggs: you will need size large eggs for this recipe
- Shredded cheese: any variety works, but I usually do a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar
- Baking Powder
- Almond Flour
- Ham: preferably chunks of ham verses thin deli slices
What is a Chaffle?
While the term chaffle may be new to some, most of you probably know it as a “cheese waffle.” The term chaffle came to be because this is a waffle that is made from a cheese base. Most chaffle recipes contain some variety of egg, cheese and a low carb flour, such as coconut or almond flour.
The mixture may sound off, but I can assure you, they make perfectly crisp waffles on the outside and delightfully fluffy waffles on the inside!
How do you make a Ham and Cheese Chaffle?
These low carb waffles could not be easier. Simply beat the eggs well, then fold in the almond flour, baking powder, cheese and ham. Add the batter to the waffle maker, be careful not to overfill, and cook 2-3 minutes until you no longer see any steam coming from the machine.
What waffle maker should I use?
You can make a chaffle with any waffle maker you have. However, I do love this handy little Ms. Dash waffle maker, they are the perfect size. This is the machine I used for this recipe and it makes 5 perfect waffles.
This size is also great as a bread substitute, you can layer your favorite sandwich fillings in between two chaffles and enjoy a quick and easy low carb sandwich!
Other Ham and Cheese Recipes
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (I use a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup ham, chopped
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs well. Fold in the remaining ingredients until completely incorporated.
- Heat a waffle maker according to the manufactures directions. Add the batter to the waffle maker (about 2 sccops for the Dash waffle maker) be careful not to overfll.
- Remove the waffles when you no longer see any steam coming from the machine and the waffles are golden brown.
You can use whatever variety of shredded cheese you prefer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: Nutrition calculated per waffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 12.8gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 1.6gNet Carbohydrates: 1.2gFiber: 0.4gSugar: 0.2gProtein: 12.9g