These Keto Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the perfect one pan, 30 minute meal under 4 net carbs per serving!
If you’ve made any of my recipes you know my affinity for easy one pan recipes. These Keto Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps have become a weekly staple in our house. They are so simple, super refreshing and just perfect for a low carb dinner.
One of the things I’ve heard over and over from people who follow a keto lifestyle is that at one point or another they get so sick of cheese and eggs. Believe me, I get it. Cheese and eggs are simply keto staples and it can be tricky to find a recipe that skips them. However, this is the perfect alternative!
What ingredients do I need to make Keto Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
- Bell Pepper
- Chicken Broth
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Brown Sugar Swerve (keto friendly sweetener)
- Peanut Butter
- Garnish Options: Green onions, almond or peanuts, red pepper flakes
How do you make Keto Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
This recipe is made in two simple steps. The first is cooking chopped chicken, bell pepper and garlic in a skillet. When the chicken is cooked through and the peppers are tender you add a small amount of chicken broth to the pan and scrape the bottom to deglaze the pan. This ensures all of that good flavor is released from the pan and your chicken is moist.
The second step is combining soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, sesame oil, swerve and peanut butter in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. I find it helpful to heat the sauce 10-20 seconds before whisking and the swerve and peanut butter dissolves much easier.
What are some other easy Keto recipes?
- One Pan Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
- Sausage and Green Bean Sheet Pan Dinner
- Keto Chili
- Crispy Keto Salmon Patties
- Keto Lemon Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (water or cooking wine will work also)
- For the Asian Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon swerve brown sugar or brown sugar monkfruit
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- For Garnish:
- Green onions
- Almonds or peanuts
- Heat a large 12 inch skillet to medium heat. Add the olive oil and add the chopped chicken to the pan, cook stirring occasionally until it begins to brown.
- Add the chopped bell pepper and garlic. Continue to stir occasionally until chicken is cooked through and peppers are tender. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet to degalze the pan. Stir well and scrape the bottom of the pan well.
- In a small bowl combine all of the sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth (this is easier to whisk if you micorwave for 10-20 seconds first)
- Pour the Asian sauce over the chicken and peppers, stir well.
- Allow the mixture to simmer over medium low for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. When mixture has thickened remove from heat.
- Serve with cold lettuce leaves. Top with green onions, chopped almonds, or peanuts.
You can sub almond butter for the peanut butter if you wish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup of the chicken and 4-5 lettuce leaves
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 7.2gCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1.6gProtein: 28g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!