Looking for a new keto lunch? This Keto Club Lettuce Wrap is packed with thick slices of ham, bacon, cheese, crunchy lettuce and juicy tomatoes! This filling lunch is under 4 net carbs!
I used to think lettuce wraps were so boring. We have been a gluten free family for a long time so naturally, lettuce wraps are an easy option for us. Turns out, I was just doing them wrong! In my opinion a lettuce wrap can be just as satisfying as a nice big sandwich. As long as you dress up a lettuce wrap just like you would a sandwich the result can be amazing. Adding your favorite condiments like mayo or mustard and of course salt and pepper can really make the flavors of the vegetables pop.
What kind of lettuce is best for lettuce wraps?
- Iceberg Lettuce: nice crunch, inexpensive but a little harder to roll
- Romaine Lettuce: some crunch, easier to roll
- Butter Lettuce: little to no crunch, but holds fillings well
In this Keto Club Lettuce Wrap I use several leaves of Iceberg lettuce for a nice crunch. You can use romaine if you prefer, it does roll easier and it is what I used in this BLT lettuce wrap.
Butter lettuce is also a good option as it holds fillings really well but it doesn’t have the same crunch. I really only like butter lettuce when I have a filling with a little crunch, like with a thai chicken filling that features peanuts.
- 2-3 leaves of Iceberg lettuce
- 2 slices of cheese (swiss, provolone, cheddar, whatever you prefer)
- 3 slices of ham
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked
- 3-4 small tomato slices (I used one Campari tomato)
- 2 pickle sandwich slices
- mustard, mayo, salt pepper if desired.
- Lay out a peice of wax or parcement paper.
- Lay 2-3 slices of lettuce slightly overlapping.
- Top with cheese, ham, bacon, pickles, tomato and mustard, mayo salt and pepper if desired.
- Wrap tightly and use the wax or parcement paper to help you keep the wrap secure.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 wrap
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 40gCarbohydrates: 4.9gNet Carbohydrates: 3.9gFiber: 1g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!