Satisfy your sweet tooth with these Keto Chocolate Sugar Cookies! These delightful low carb chocolate cookies are about 2 net carbs each, or around 3 net carbs with the toppings included!
I recently shared my favorite Keto Sugar Cookie recipe with my Maebell readers. These cookies are a dead ringer for those classic Lofthouse sugar cookies that are soft and chewy. They are delicious as is, but ultra decadent with a keto friendly frosting on top!
Today I’m sharing a chocolate version of those same, delicious low carb cookies! These cookies are naturally gluten free because they use an almond and coconut flour blend. The sweetener is a keto friendly monkfruit sweetener, but you can also use Swerve if you prefer.
Ingredients for Keto Sugar Cookies
- Almond flour
- Coconut Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Granular Monkfruit Sweetener
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Extract
While the toppings for the sugar cookies are completely optional I dipped mine in melted sugar free chocolate, and sprinkled chopped chocolate on top. However, you could certainly frost these, or sprinkle with confectioners monkfruit sweetener if you wish.
How to make Low Carb Chocolate Sugar Cookies
These cookies can be made in just a few simple steps.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and monkfruit sweetener until well blended. Add the egg, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- While the mixer is on low, add the flour mixture until well combined. Wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Scoop the dough using a 1 inch cookie scoop and bake on a silicone lined baking sheet at 350 degrees F for 9-11 minutes, remove the cookies from the oven while they are still slightly soft in the center, they will finish cooking as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire baking rack to cool completely.
Why do you have to chill sugar cookie dough?
Chilling the dough is absolutely essential. The cookies have the perfect texture when they have been chilled overnight. However, it is possible to bake these cookies after the dough as chilled as little as two hours.
Cookie dough is chilled to solidify the fat in the dough, which prevents the cookies from spreading too much. If you do not chill the dough, or place the dough on an already warm baking pan it will result in a thin cookie that has spread too much.
Other Keto Cookie Recipes
You can never have too many cookie recipes, right? My all time favorite low carb cookie recipe are these Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies, as of this writing this recipe has over two hundred 5 star reviews! They are perfectly flavored with vanilla, dark chocolate chips and pecans. Some of my other favorites include:
- Keto Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
- The BEST Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies (coconut flour recipe)
- No Bake Almond Butter Cookies
If you are short on time and need a cookie recipe that does not require chilling these sheet pan cookies are the way to go! Because they are made in a sheet pan the dough does not have an opportunity to spread. You can make these sweet treats in a matter of minutes with no rolling or chilling! Try these low carb Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Cookies or these decadent Double Chocolate Sheet Pan Cookies!
Keto Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated monkfruit sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional Chocolate Topping
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Lily's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (1/2 cup for melting, 1/4 cup for chopping)
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter and sugar until blended. Mix in the egg, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and shape each into a round disk. Chill for a minimum of 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop the sugar cookies out using a 1 inch cookie scoop and place on a silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Remove from the oven when the center is still slightly undercooked, it will finish baking as it cools. Allow the cookies to cool 10 minutes on the baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the optional chocolate topping: In a small saucepan melt 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil over low heat. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar free chocolate chips and melt, stirring occasionally.
- Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the remaining chopped chocolate or sugar free peppermints.
Plain Keto Chocolate Sugar Cookies are 2.4 net carbs.
Cookies with the chocolate topping are 3.6 net carbs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anthony's Blanched Gluten Free Almond Flour, 4 lb, Gluten Free & Non GMO, Keto Friendly
Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, 1:1 Sugar Substitute, Keto, Non-GMO (Golden - 1 Pound)
Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, 1:1 Powdered Sugar Substitute, Keto, Non-GMO (1.76 lbs)
Dark Chocolate Chips by Lily's | Stevia Sweetened, No Added Sugar, Low-Carb, Keto Friendly | 55% Cocoa | Fair Trade, Gluten-Free & Non-GMO | 9 ounce, 3-Pack
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie with no topping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 6.6gSaturated Fat: 19.6gSodium: 82.7mgCarbohydrates: 3.4gNet Carbohydrates: 2.4gFiber: 1gSugar: 0.6gProtein: 2.4g