These Keto Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies come to about one net carb each! The ultimate low carb Fall dessert!
Are you ready for pumpkin season? Truthfully, I think all year is pumpkin season. It is one of my favorite flavors to bake with. When I started to keto and so many fruits and veggies were limited I worried I would miss out on my pumpkin favorites. Fortunately, these Keto Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are very low carb and fit right into my keto diet!
Ingredients Needed for Keto Pumpkin Cookies
- Almond flour
- Brown sugar substitute, such as Brown Sugar Swerve or Golden Monkfruit
- Canned pumpkin
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
How do you make Keto Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies?
As you might have guessed, these cookies have an almond flour and pumpkin base. Cookies need a fat, which is usually butter to make them have a nice soft, chewy texture. However, these cookies are unique because pumpkin works in place of butter.
They feature a pumpkin dough with pumpkin spice and sprinkled with chopped pecans and low carb dark chocolate chips. I think they have the perfect texture. You can enjoy these cookies warm with the melted dark chocolate, but they are very good served chilled too. Since this makes a pretty big batch I freeze mine and pull them out and let them thaw for a few minutes.
Tips and Tricks for Pumpkin Cookies
The most important step is to dry the pumpkin before you begin baking. Pumpkin has a high moisture content and to create the perfect cookie you need to allow some of the moisture to release from the canned pumpkin. This is a very simple process.
Simply line a bowl with several layers of paper towels and spoon the 1 cup of pumpkin onto the paper towels. Top with additional paper towels and pat down lightly. Allow the pumpkin to rest while the oven preheats. You need to let the pumpkin sit for 10-15 minutes.
When ready to use the paper towels will be soaked through with moisture from the pumpkin. Simply discard the paper towels and add the pumpkin to the mixing bowl as the directions state.
Other Keto Desserts
If you are struggling with your sweet tooth on keto no worries! I’ve got you covered! Here are some of my favorite low carb treats will fit right into your keto diet.
- Keto Fruit Pizza
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The BEST Keto Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- No Bake Keto Cookies
- Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown sugar monkfruit or Swerve
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (moisture removed, see tips below)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup Lilly's dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- While the oven preheats measure out the pumpkin and place it in a paper towel lined bowl, cover with extra paper towels, pressing down lightly. Allow the pumpkin to sit for 10-15 minutes. The paper towels will absorb the extra moisture. Discard the paper towels when moisture has been absorbed.
- Once the pumpkin has been dried out, combine all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Chill the dough 10 minutes.
- Grease a large baking sheet and use a small one inch scoop to scoop the cookie dough.
- Lightly press each dough ball down so they spread out evenly as they bake.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before removing from the baking sheet. **Cookies will be slightly soft when you remove from the oven and firm upon cooling, do not overcook.**
This makes 24 small cookies for me.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40Total Fat: 1.9gSodium: 51.8mgCarbohydrates: 1.8gNet Carbohydrates: 1.2gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 0.5gProtein: 1.1g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!