These Easy Keto Mozzarella Sticks are covered in an ultra crispy crust and fried to perfection! You can easily enjoy two mozzarella sticks for just 1.8 net carbs!
With its wonderfully stringy texture and mild, creamy taste, mozzarella has got to be one of the best cheeses!
These low carb mozzarella sticks coated in crispy almond flour and pork rind panko are indistinguishable from the indulgent party food we all know and love!
Fried to perfection, Keto Mozzarella Sticks are bound to be a hit with your dinner party guests or on the buffet. Pair them with a tasty low carb marinara sauce for an extra dimension of flavor.
Being keto-friendly and naturally gluten free means these mozzarella sticks are the ideal option to suit a variety of dietary needs at your next party or dinner.
Ingredients for Keto Mozzarella Sticks
- Mozzarella sticks
- Almond flour
- Pork rind panko
- Spices: garlic salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, parsley
- Low carb marinara
- Oil for frying
Are mozzarella sticks keto?
Absolutely! In fact, mozzarella sticks are one of the easiest dishes out there to make keto. Simply switch regular flour and breadcrumbs with keto-friendly substitutes like almond flour and pork rind panko.
Swapping for low-carb versions of these ingredients won’t make any difference to the final result, so you can continue to enjoy everyone’s favorite party snack in all its crispy and creamy glory!
Is marinara sauce keto?
Generally not, as most brands add too much sugar to the sauce to fit within a low carb diet. However, nowadays there are some great keto options available. For example Rao’s do a lovely marinara sauce containing minimal sugar and net carbs.
Not a fan of marinara? No problem! These sticks are equally as delicious on their own or with another dipping sauce of your choice – sweet chili is a popular accompaniment for mozzarella sticks.
What to Serve with Keto Mozzarella Sticks
Keto Mozzarella Sticks make the perfect appetizer, and are great served with a fresh salad. Why not add an Autumnal twist to this classic dish with a Kale Harvest Salad?
If you’re not a marinara fan, you could serve up your mozzarella sticks with a gorgeous homemade dip. For an extra kick, give this Jalapeno Ranch Dip a try.
Other Keto Appetizers
Whether you’re planning a party, a meal with friends or family or even fancy some inspiration for your own lunches, here are a few of my favorite keto-friendly appetizers!
- What kind of a buffet is it without pizza? And who says you need to miss out because you’re on a keto diet? These Keto Pepperoni Pizza Bites are another perfect finger food for your next party!
- Why not try out some Air Fryer Buffalo Wings? Ultra-crispy with no breading, these wings make the ideal low carb game day snack.
- No buffet is complete without dips, and at under 4 net carbs per portion, this creamy Tzatziki is the perfect companion for fresh veggies, meats or chips.
- At an incredible 2 net carbs each, these rolls combine that classic ham and cheese combination perfectly, scoring instant childhood nostalgia points!
- 12 mozzarella sticks, sliced in half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups pork rind panko*
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Prepare 3 Bowls:
- Bowl 1: Add the almond flour, garlic powder and garlic salt, stir well.
- Bowl 2: Add the eggs, beat well.
- Bowl 3: Add the pork rind panko, parsley and Italian seasoning, stir well.
- Slice the cheese sticks in half.
- To prepare the cheese sticks roll in the almond flour mixture, then the egg, and finally the pork rind panko. Use your fingers to press the mixture tightly to the cheese. Make sure each cheese stick is covered completely. You can dip it in the egg and back into the pork rind panko mixture if you need to cover them better.
- Place each breaded cheesestick on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer. Freeze at least 2 hours.
- When ready to cook add enough oil to cover 2 inches of a small pot to medium heat. Cook 2-3 cheesesticks at a time, using tongs to rotate. Cook 3-4 minutes until the outside has browned. (air fryer instructions are below)
The cheesesticks are going into the oil frozen, which will reduce the overall temp of the oil. Make sure you give the oil a minute or two to come back up to temp betweeen batches.
Air Fryer Instructions:
Preheat your oven to 390 degrees F. Add the frozen cheesesticks to the air fryer basket and lightly spray with cooking oil. Cook 5 minutes.
Pork Panko: These are ground pork rinds that make a perfect sub for panko breadcrumbs. Simply put a 2.5 ounce bag of pork rinds in a food processor and pulse until it resembles panko breadcrumbs. This will result in about 2 cups of pork rind panko. Store in an air tight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 2 Cheese Sticks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 9.5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 2.1gNet Carbohydrates: 1.8gFiber: 0.3gProtein: 12.4g