Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is perfectly seasoned and roasted until crisp and full of flavor! Each serving has about 3 net carbs, making it an excellent keto side dish!
Cauliflower can sometimes get a bad rep. I understand, it isn’t one of my favorite vegetables either. However, I’ve learned when prepared properly, it is absolutely delicious! This Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is quick, easy and very versatile, making it the perfect side dish for family mealtimes, and with only 4 ingredients, you can’t go wrong!
Ingredients for Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
You will find the exact recipe below, but this is a quick over view of the ingredients you will need to make this recipe:
- Olive oil
- Ranch seasoning
How to Make the Perfect Roasted Cauliflower
Although roasting cauliflower is pretty simple, there are definitely a few tips and tricks that will make it just that bit more extra special.
- I find that slicing the cauliflower into flat sections makes for a better roast cauliflower than simply breaking it up into florets. This way, the flat sides get super crispy as they cook – texture is key!
- Also, always be sure to line your pan with parchment paper to avoid sticking, and give the cauliflower a good head start before adding in the parmesan so the cheese doesn’t burn (do this only in the last 10 minutes or so).
Is Cauliflower ok on Keto?
Cauliflower is great for keto. It’s super satisfying and filling, yet naturally low in carbs (around 5g of carbs per 100g serving). In fact, this is why you’ll often see cauliflower used as a keto substitute in recipes like cauliflower rice and cauliflower mash.
This special vegetable is also rich in a range of great vitamins and minerals, including potassium, calcium, folate and vitamin C. Cauliflower is full of fibre, too, making it an excellent choice for digestive health.
How many carbs are in Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower?
This recipe contains 5.4 grams of carbs and 2.1 grams of fibre, meaning it weighs in at under 4 net carbs in total per serving! Pair with a low carb protein like some of the recipes I suggested below and you have a well rounded, low carb meal!
What to serve with Roasted Cauliflower?
The great thing about cauliflower is that it can accompany pretty much anything with ease! Here are a few great recipes you could serve up with Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower.
- Easy Blackened Chicken (keto + low carb) alongside Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower will be a guaranteed hit with the whole family.
- The sharp parmesan flavor of this side dish will perfectly contrast spicy Cajun Pork Chops with Fried Cabbage (Keto + One Pan).
Other Low Carb Vegetable Side Dishes
Who says sides need to be boring? Cook up some of these tasty and nutritious vegetable side dishes to add a bit of excitement to your next meal!
Other Cauliflower Recipes
- Keto Shrimp and Grits: read the reviews, it will tell you everything you need to know!
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole: tastes very similar to a loaded baked potato!
- Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower: a great sub for mashed potatoes.
- 1 head cauliflower (about 4 cups), stems removed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the cauliflower and slice so you have as many flat edges as possible. Add the cauliflower to a mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil and ranch seasoning. Reserve the parmesan for later.
- Line a baking sheet with parchement paper and place the cauliflower in a single layer, do not over crowd your pan.
- Roast 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan, toss cauliflower and turning to coat. Roast an additional 10-15 minutes until it reaches your desired crispness.
Top with additional parmesan cheese if desired. Note, your cooking time may vary slightly depending on how crowded your pan is or how thickly you cut the cauliflower.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: About 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 8.7gCholesterol: 3.6mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 5.6gNet Carbohydrates: 3.5gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3.9g