This recipe for Cajun Pork Chops and Cabbage is the easiest one-pan, 30-minute meal! At just 3.7 net carbs, this is a low-carb, keto-approved dinner you will love!
With New Year’s just around the corner, I wanted to share one of my go-to weeknight meals. These Cajun Pork Chops with Cabbage have been a weekly staple for us for months!
As you might know, there are traditional New Year’s day foods that you are supposed to eat in order to have good luck for the new year. Here in the South, they are pork, cabbage, collard greens, and black-eyed peas.
Usually I make cabbage and black-eyed pea soup for the holiday, but unfortunately black-eyed peas are not keto-friendly. So, I thought I’d share this low carb pork chop recipe as the next best thing!
Ingredients for Cajun Pork Chops and Cabbage
For this one-pan keto pork chop recipe, I made my own homemade Cajun seasoning. I prefer making my own so I can control the amount of salt in my food.
Here’s what goes into the Cajun pork chops and cabbage:
- Pork chops (boneless or bone in)
- Cajun rub spices (see recipe card below)
- Minced garlic
- Chopped cabbage
- Broth (chicken or vegetable broth will work)
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Cajun Pork Chops and Cabbage
These cajun pork chops could also be called blackened pork chops. They require no marinating or prep work you have to remember to do hours in advance.
- Mix my favorite cajun blackening spice mix together and rub generously on each side of the pork chops. Set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Sear the pork chops 2-3 minutes on each side until they are browned and the spice mix has formed a flavorful crust. Remove the pork chops from the skillet and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter, the minced garlic, and 3 cups of chopped cabbage to the skillet. The skillet will be quite full so lightly stir but allow the cabbage to reduce a bit, usually 3-4 minutes.
- Add the broth, salt, and pepper Allow the cabbage to cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes.
- When it has reduced and become tender, add 1 tablespoon of butter, stir and top with the cajun pork chops.
- Place a lid on the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cook until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
What to Serve with Cajun Pork Chops
The keto pork chops and cabbage is a meal in itself. However, if you’re feeding a crowd, here are some additional sides for pork chops that I recommend:
- Keto Mashed Cauliflower
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
- Keto Rosemary Garlic Dinner Rolls
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
Tips for Making Keto Pork Chops
- The homemade Cajun spice blend includes pantry staples like paprika, garlic, and onion powder. This is something you can easily throw together that works well on all protein!
- I recommend using a cast iron skillet to make this recipe, if you have one. Cast iron distributed heat more evenly than regular skillets, which helps create that lovely blackened crust on the Cajun pork chops.
- If you have a favorite Cajun spice blend, you’re welcome to use that instead of my homemade version.
More Keto Pork Recipes:
- Pork Chops in Mushroom Sauce
- Asian Pork Chops with Broccoli
- Pecan-Crusted Pork Chops
- Blackened Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Ginger Garlic Pork Tenderloin
Cajun Pork Chops with Fried Cabbage (Keto + One Pan)
This easy Cajun Pork Chops and Fried Cabbage dish is the easiest one pan, 30 minute meal! At just 3.7 net carbs this is a low carb, keto approved dinner you will love!
Cajun Seasoning Rub
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the Pork Chops and Fried Cabbage
- 4 pork chops (boneless or bone in, your choice)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 head chopped cabbage (about 3 heaping cups)
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix the cajun spice rub together in a small bowl.
Rub the mix generously on each side of the pork chops, set them aside.
Heat a 12 inch skillet (cast iron preferably) and one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Sear the pork chops 2-3 minutes on each side until they are browned and the spice mix has formed a flavorful crust. Remove the pork chops from the skillet and set aside.
Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel.
Add one tablespoon of butter , minced garlic and three cups of chopped cabbage to the skillet. The skillet will be quite full so lightly stir but allow the cabbage to reduce a bit, usually 3-4 minutes.
Then add the broth, salt and pepper to taste and stir well. Allow the cabbage to cook, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes.
When it has reduce and become tender add one tablespoon of butter, stir and top with the cajun pork chops. Place a lid on the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cook 10 minutes or until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 pork chop + 3/4 cup cabbage
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 14.4gCarbohydrates: 5.1gFiber: 1.4gProtein: 48.4g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!