This Instant Pot Italian Pork is simmered in a tomato and white wine sauce until the pork is super tender! Enjoy a generous serving for less than 2 net carbs! This easy dinner recipe is perfect for sandwiches, wraps or keto meal prep!
Instant Pot Italian Pork
This Instant Pot Pulled Pork is going to become one of your favorite, and easiest, weeknight meals! By using the pressure cooker, you can produce a tender, juicy Boston Butt in only an hour! I love this meal because it’s fantastic for keto meal prepping, and it also makes amazing leftovers! Serve with cauliflower rice one night, and then the next night you can make Keto Nachos or use Zucchini Tortillas or a low carb wrap for a delicious quick meal!
This easy pulled pork recipe is so simple to prepare while still being full of flavor! A generous serving of pork is thoroughly seasoned and then seared, to give you that delicious crispy outer layer. The pork is then cooked with tomatoes, garlic, celery, onion and white wine. You can even use the leftover sauce as an amazing homemade marinara!
The best part- a large serving of this delicious pork is only 1.5 net carbs! This keto dinner recipe is going to become a regular on your menu- everyone in the family will enjoy this meal!
What is Boston Butt?
A Boston Butt is also known as a pork shoulder or pork butt. This cut is made from the pig’s front shoulder and is heavily marbled. This means that the cut has a large portion of fat in it, which means flavor! This cut is also less prone to being dry, due to the amount of marbling.
Ingredients in Boston Butt recipe
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Instant Pot Pulled Pork. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Boston Butt- fat trimmed
- Seasonings- whole heads of garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, kosher salt
- Vegetables- chopped onion, celery, pepperocini peppers, crushed tomatoes
- White wine- or a white cooking wine
How to cook a Boston Butt
You can make this easy pulled pork recipe with only 3 easy steps!
- Combine the spices. Rub over the trimmed meat. Set in Instant Pot the saute function and add olive oil. Sear the pork on each side and remove.
- Add the vegetables to the Instant Pot and saute. Add the tomatoes and wine and scrape the bottom of the pan. Add the pork back to the Instant Pot and pressure cook for 15 minutes per pound- I cooked mine for 60 minutes, since I had a 4 pound Boston Butt.
- Allow the machine to manually release the pressure for 15 minutes. Shred the pork and drizzle with the leftover juice. Broil until the ends are crispy, add salt and pepper and serve!
Is this pulled pork recipe good for keto meal prep?
This keto pork recipe is perfect for meal prepping! Since there is a large bit of fat retained in the meat, it will not dry out easily, which means it can be warmed without getting too dry. You can prepare this Instant Pot pulled pork on a Sunday and bring it for your lunches for the week! This pork will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can I freeze this easy keto dinner recipe?
Absolutely! To freeze, allow to cool completely, then freeze in a freezer bag. Don’t forget to add the sauce so your meat stays nice and juicy! You can divide your meat into individual portions, so when you’re ready to warm it you already have it separated. To reheat, allow the meat to come to room temperature and then warm in the microwave or in a baking dish in the oven. Right before serving, broil the meat 2-3 minutes and add more sauce.
Tips for the best keto pulled pork
- If you are preparing for meal prep, I recommend waiting to broil until you are ready to serve. You don’t want to broil it twice, as it could dry out the meat.
- Use an immersion blender to make an amazing homemade marinara sauce with the leftover juice!
- Add juice before serving, and store it with the leftover sauce on top. That way, your meat stays tender!
What should I serve with this Instant Pot Pulled Pork?
Try Roasted Cauliflower, Zucchini Fritters or Cheddar Roasted Broccoli for some kid-friendly sides! For dessert, try No Bake Cheesecake or the best Peanut Butter Pie!
More easy keto dinner ideas
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
You will love this Instant Pot Pulled Pork! Savory Boston Butt is seasoned with a delicious tomato and white wine sauce all for under 2 net carbs! This easy dinner recipe is perfect for sandwiches, wraps or keto meal prep!
- 4 pound Boston Butt, fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon EACH of kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper
For the Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 whole heads of garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup pepperocini peppers
- Combine the spices and set aside. Trim the fat from the pork and rub the spices over the meat. Turn the saute function on on your Instant Pot and add enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the skillet. Sear the pork on each side until golden brown. Remove from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic to the Instant Pot. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Next, add the tomatoes and wine. Scrape the bottom to deglaze the pan.
- Add your pork back to the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Pressure cook 15 minutes per pound (60 minutes for a 4 pound butt).
- When the cooking has ended, let the machine manually release pressure for 15 minutes.
- Shred your pork, drizzle with a little bit of the juice and broil until the ends are crispy, but be sure to watch closely. Add salt and pepper to taste.
You can use the leftover juice from the Instant Pot as a marinara sauce. Just blend with an immersion blender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 3/4 cup meat + 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 9.8gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 424mgCarbohydrates: 1.9gNet Carbohydrates: 1.5gFiber: 0.4gSugar: 0.6gProtein: 33g