This Keto Breakfast Casserole is loaded with sausage, cheese, and scrambled eggs atop a low-carb almond flour crust! This filling casserole is just 1.2 net carbs per slice.
This warm, hearty and family-friendly breakfast dish is the perfect keto crowd-pleaser for the upcoming holiday season.
Featuring a delightful almond flour, low-carb crust packed with sausage, smooth cream cheese, scrambled eggs and sharp cheddar, you needn’t give up the simple pleasure of a tasty and filling breakfast on your keto diet.
What’s more, this dish is great for meal prep and can easily be stored in the refrigerator, allowing you to fuel yourself properly even on your busy days.
Ingredients Needed for Keto Breakfast Casserole
This low-carb breakfast casserole features a homemade keto crust and a cheesy sausage egg filling. Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cream cheese
- Almond flour
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Keto Breakfast Casserole
This is a low-carb spin on the classic sausage cream cheese crescent roll casserole we all know and love. You can make this cheesy keto sausage breakfast casserole in just three easy steps:
- Mix together mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, almond flour, baking powder and a beaten egg white together until a soft dough forms. Press the dough into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Combine the cooked sausage with the cream cheese and spread over the crust. Top with soft scrambled eggs and shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
How to Reheat Keto Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast casserole is easy to reheat in the oven or microwave.
- Oven: Preheat it to 325F-350F. Place your casserole in an oven-safe dish and reheat for around 20-30 minutes, depending on the portion size. Keep checking every 10 minutes or so to see how it’s coming along.
- Microwave: Simply place your portion into a microwave-safe dish and heat on full power for 1 minute at a time until fully heated through.
How to Store Keto Egg Casserole
If you plan to use your low-carb egg casserole for meal prep or find yourself with some leftovers, you can store it in the refrigerator easily.
Simply let your casserole cool off to room temperature before placing it in the refrigerator (preferably in an airtight sealed container), and it should be good for a few days.
Although freezing a casserole is generally doable, it may be best to avoid for dairy-heavy casseroles like this one (you don’t want your cheese to split!).
More Easy Keto Breakfast Recipes:
I am such a fan of breakfast, and love switching up my recipes and trying something new. I’m a firm believer that breakfast should make you want to leap out of bed in the mornings!
Of all the scrumptious low-carb breakfast recipes I’ve tried, here are just a few of my favorites:
- Spicy Sausage Casserole
- Sausage, Egg & Spinach Overnight Casserole
- Bacon and Spinach Egg Muffins
- Keto Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffins
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white, beaten
For the Filling and Topping
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and grease drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 large eggs, soft scrambled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crust: In a large microwave safe bowl combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments until cheese is completely melted.
- Stir the cheese so they are combined.
- In a second smaller bowl combine the almond flour and baking powder. Mix the almond flour with the the melted cheeses.
- When the almond flour and cheese are nearly combined add in a beaten egg white and stir well
- Using your hands work the dough to make sure the egg white is completely worked into the dough (no streaks of egg whites visible)
- Lay the dough on a silicone baking sheet. Place a second silicone baking sheet on top and spread the dough into a thin rectangle. Place the dough in a lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- To make the filling: Combine the cooked breafast sausage and cream cheese until completely combined. Spread the sausage mixture over the crust.
- Top with soft scrambled eggs and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 16.7gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 371mgCarbohydrates: 1.8gNet Carbohydrates: 1.6gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.5gProtein: 15.8g