This Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole is loaded with sausage, cream cheese and scrambled eggs atop a low carb, almond flour crust! This filling casserole is just 1.2 net carbs per slice!
This warm, hearty and family-friendly breakfast dish is the perfect keto crowd-pleaser for the upcoming holiday season.
Featuring a delightful almond flour, low-carb crust packed with sausage, smooth cream cheese, scrambled eggs and sharp cheddar, you needn’t give up the simple pleasure of a tasty and filling breakfast on your keto diet.
What’s more, this dish is great for meal prep and can easily be stored in the refrigerator, allowing you to fuel yourself properly even on your busy days.
Ingredients Needed for Keto Breakfast Casserole
- Low-carb crust: Mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, egg white, almond flour
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How do you make a Keto Breakfast Casserole?
This is a low carb spin on the classic sausage cream cheese crescent roll casserole we all know and love. You can make this easy breakfast casserole in just three easy steps:
- Mix together mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, almond flour, baking powder and a beaten egg white together until a soft dough forms. Press the dough into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine the cooked sausage with the cream cheese and spread over the crust. Top with soft scrambled eggs and shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
How do you reheat breakfast casserole?
Breakfast casserole is easy to reheat in the oven or microwave. If you’re opting for the oven, start by preheating it to 325F-350F.
Place your casserole in an oven-safe dish and reheat for around 20-30 minutes, depending on the portion size. Keep checking every 10 minutes or so to see how it’s coming along.
To quickly and conveniently reheat your breakfast casserole in the microwave, simply place your portion into a microwave-safe dish and heat on full power for a minute at a time until fully heated through.
How do you store keto breakfast casserole?
If you plan to use your casserole for meal prep or find yourself with some leftovers, you can store it in the refrigerator easily.
Simply let your casserole cool off to room temperature before placing it in the refrigerator (preferably in an airtight sealed container), and it should be good for a few days.
Although freezing a casserole is generally doable, it may be best to avoid for dairy-heavy casseroles like this one (you don’t want your cheese to split!)
Other Keto Breakfast Casserole Recipes
I am such a fan of breakfast, and love switching up my recipes and trying something new. I’m a firm believer that breakfast should make you want to leap out of bed in the mornings!
Of all the scrumptious breakfast recipes I’ve tried, casseroles are some of the best – here are just a few of my favourites.
- For a bit of a kick to wake up your senses, try this Spicy Sausage Casserole.
- Quiche lover? Me too! You’re guaranteed to adore this simple yet gorgeous Sausage, Egg and Spinach Overnight Casserole.
- Bacon and Spinach Egg Muffins, because some days comfort food is needed from the outset!
Other Low Carb Meal Prep Recipes
The key to keto success is without a doubt keeping things fresh and exciting, alongside some savvy forward-planning.
For me, meal prep has been an absolute lifesaver – here are some of my most well-loved recipes.
- Keto Ham and Cheese Rolls (under 2 net carbs each)
- Keto Club Lettuce Wrap (the perfect packed lunch option)
- Bacon and Cheeseburger Soup (under 6 net carbs per serving)
- Greek Chicken Power Bowls (another lunchbox essential)
- Sausage and Spinach Quiche (if you love casseroles, you’re bound to love this, too!)
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white, beaten
For the Filling and Topping
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and grease drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 large eggs, soft scrambled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crust: In a large microwave safe bowl combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments until cheese is completely melted.
- Stir the cheese so they are combined.
- In a second smaller bowl combine the almond flour and baking powder. Mix the almond flour with the the melted cheeses.
- When the almond flour and cheese are nearly combined add in a beaten egg white and stir well
- Using your hands work the dough to make sure the egg white is completely worked into the dough (no streaks of egg whites visible)
- Lay the dough on a silicone baking sheet. Place a second silicone baking sheet on top and spread the dough into a thin rectangle. Place the dough in a lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- To make the filling: Combine the cooked breafast sausage and cream cheese until completely combined. Spread the sausage mixture over the crust.
- Top with soft scrambled eggs and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 16.7gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 371mgCarbohydrates: 1.8gNet Carbohydrates: 1.6gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.5gProtein: 15.8g