These Keto Chicken Wings are ultra crispy even without breading! They’re covered in a buttery, tangy buffalo sauce and only 4 net carbs per serving!
Appetizers can be a bit tricky on keto. Half of appetizers are pretty naturally keto, but the other half isn’t. For example, buffalo chicken dip is packed with fat and naturally very low in carbs so it is fine on a keto diet. However, the chips it comes with aren’t. Of course you can use celery or radish chips, but that isn’t quite the same is it?
These keto chicken wings are one low carb appetizer that you won’t have to sacrifice anything to cut the carbs! You will be amazed at how crispy they are with no breading at all!
Ingredients for keto chicken wings
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our keto chicken wings. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Chicken wings
- Baking powder
- Spices- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Buffalo sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
How to make wings in Air Fryer?
One of the recipes we have been making weekly is Air Fryer Buffalo Wings. They are ultra crispy and have absolutely no breading, instead you toss them with spices and a little baking powder. Yes, that is right, baking powder! I know it sounds like the strangest thing but my Mom shared the tip with me and it really works.
First, preheat your air fryer to 375. Combine your baking powder and spices and put into a plastic bag. Place wings in the bag and shake to coat. Place your wings in your air fryer and spray with cooking spray. Cook for 20-25 minutes, turning once. Next, make your buffalo sauce. Add the buffalo sauce, garlic, butter and apple cider vinegar in a sauce pan and simmer for one minute. Toss your wings in your sauce and you’re done!
Carbs in Chicken Wings
Chicken wings naturally contain zero carbs, but they can be tricky to order at a restaurant. For the most part, when you order wings out, they are breaded and have added sweeteners. These keto chicken wings come out super crispy, so no breading or sweetener is needed! These wings come in at 2 net carbs per one pound of wings!
How long to cook chicken wings in air fryer?
These wings are cooked on 390 degrees for 20-25 minutes. I have seen air fryer wing recipes where the cooking time is much longer, but we have made 10+ batches and this cooking time has consistently worked for me. However, I highly suggest using your meat thermometer to make sure they have reached an internal temp of 165 degrees at the thickest part of the wing.
Other Easy Keto Appetizers
- Keto Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels, 2 net carbs each
- Cheesy Zucchini Bread, under 2 net carbs each
- Crispy Zucchini Fries, 3 net carbs per serving
- Sausage Cream Cheese Mushrooms, 5 net carbs per serving
- Easy Keto Pizza Bites, less than one net carb each
- Ham and Cheese Bites, less than one net carb each
More Keto Chicken Recipes
- Keto Meal Prep Ideas for Shredded Chicken
- 25+ Keto Chicken Recipes
- Pollo con Queso (keto + low carb)
- Easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast (keto + low carb)
Keto Chicken Wings (Air Fryer)
For the wings
- 2 pounds wings
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the Wings
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium size bowl or plastic bag toss the wings, baking powder and spices until coated.
- Transfer the wings to the air fryer and place in a single layer (you may need to do 2 batches depending on the size of your air fryer).
- Lightly spray with cooking spray. Shake the basket or turn the wings 10 minutes into cook time to ensure they cook evenly and are crispy on all sides.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
For the Buffalo Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size sauce pan and allow to simmer one minute.
- Remove from heat and dip or toss the wings into the sauce once cooked through.