This delicious Keto Coconut Shrimp will quickly join your low-carb dinner rotation! This low-carb seafood dinner can be cooked in 30 minutes or less on the stove, in the oven, or in an Air Fryer!
You may think that keeping a keto diet means you have to give up all your favorite breaded foods (like chicken tenders, mozzarella sticks, or breaded shrimp). Fortunately, I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to miss a thing! With a few changes, you can still enjoy these classics while staying low-carb.
This Keto Coconut Shrimp is such an easy, go-to meal! It’s quick enough for a weeknight and is SO flexible… It can be prepared in the Air Fryer, on the stove, or in the oven! I love when I don’t have to worry about trying to cook my main course and my sides in the same appliance!
All ingredients used are simple and easy to find, making this a perfect last-minute meal! Plus, this recipe is naturally grain-free and gluten-free. This low-carb seafood dinner is going to become a favorite!
Ingredients for Keto Coconut Shrimp
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. To get the complete recipe and instructions just keep scrolling.
- Large Shrimp: I use the 24/pound peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- Coconut Flour: Almond flour can be substituted equally in this recipe.
- Eggs: used to help the breading stick to the shrimp.
- Chili Garlic Sauce: adds amazing flavor, and is a great option for dipping sauce.
- Pork Rind Panko: you can find that recipe here, or if not keto you can use regular panko breadcrumbs.
- Unsweetened coconut flakes: for keto sweetened coconut flakes have too many carbs, we will have to sweeten the coconut with a keto-friendly sweetener.
- Confectioners Monkfruit: this is a keto-friendly sweetener; Swerve will also work.
- Spices: garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and cayenne if desired.
How do you make Keto Shrimp?
This recipe takes a tiny bit more prep than most of my recipes, but stick with me–The result is amazing! You will need three separate bowls to bread the shrimp:
- Bowl 1: Combine the coconut flour, salt and pepper.
- Bowl 2: Combine the eggs and chili garlic sauce.
- Bowl 3: Combine the pork rind panko, coconut flakes, sweetener and spices.
Roll the shrimp in each bowl, using your fingers, a fork or tongs to make this easy. Set the breaded shrimp on a baking sheet or cutting board as you work.
When all the shrimp have been breaded, heat the oil to medium heat and fry 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the skillet and set on a paper towel lined plate. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce if desired.
Can I Bake Coconut Shrimp?
Yes, if you wish to bake coconut shrimp, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bread the shrimp as directed, then place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spray the tops of the shrimp with cooking spray. Bake the shrimp for 8 minutes, flip and bake the shrimp an additional 6-8 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
How do you make Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp?
Preheat the Air Fryer to 375 degrees for 3 minutes. Add the coconut shrimp in a single layer to the air fryer, this will likely take several batches. Spray the tops of the shrimp with cooking oil. Cook the shrimp 3 minutes, flip and spray that side with oil if needed, cook an additional 3 minutes.
Can I meal prep this recipe?
Because shrimp can become overcooked so easily, I don’t recommend cooking this meal beforehand, then reheating to serve. If you want to bread the shrimp ahead of time, you could do this up to 24 hours before cooking. You could also bread the shrimp then freeze for a great keto freezer meal!
To freeze, place the breaded, uncooked shrimp on a baking sheet in a single layer (not touching) and freeze for two hours. Once frozen, store in a freezer bag, write the cooking instructions, and keep frozen up to six months. This makes it a great non-casserole option if you’re helping stock a freezer for a new mom or struggling family member!
How should I reheat breaded shrimp?
If you have leftovers, they can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. The best way to reheat crispy breaded shrimp is to use the oven or an air fryer. Preheat to 350 degrees F and cook covered about 10 minutes (oven) or uncovered 3-4 minutes (air fryer).
If you have have frozen your uncooked, breaded shrimp, you can cook them straight from frozen! Just choose your cooking method and add 2-5 minutes – check frequently to see if they are finished. If you allow the frozen shrimp to thaw before cooking, the breading may slide off, so I don’t highly recommend it.
Other Keto Seafood Recipes:
- Keto Parmesan Tilapia & Asparagus
- Blackened Salmon and Zucchini Skewers
- Keto Shrimp & Grits
- Crispy Keto Salmon Patties
- The Best Keto Crab Cakes
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined (my bag was 24/pound)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili garlic sauce
- 3/4 cup pork rind panko
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes*
- 1 1/2 tablespoon confectioners monkfruit
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (if desired)
- You will also need oil for frying. You can use vegetable, canola, or avocado oil.
- Roll the shrimp in each bowl, using your fingers, a fork or tongs to make this easy. Set the breaded shrimp on a baking sheet or cutting board as you work.
- When ready to fry add about 1 inch of oil to a large skillet. Heat the oil over medium heat and fry 2-3 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the skillet and set on a paper towel lined plate.
You will need three separate bowls to bread the shrimp:
Bowl 1: Combine the coconut flour, salt and pepper.
Bowl 2: Combine the eggs and chili garlic sauce.
Bowl 3: Combine the pork rind panko, coconut flakes, sweetener and spices.
Refer to post for air fryer and oven directions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 pound
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 18.2gCholesterol: 289mgSodium: 801mgCarbohydrates: 9.4gNet Carbohydrates: 4.7gFiber: 4.7gSugar: 2.6gProtein: 37g