These Crispy Keto Salmon Patties are packed with tender salmon, cajun spices and fried until golden brown! An easy low carb dinner perfect for busy nights!
I love salmon patties! They are such an easy and inexpensive dinner that is always sure to please. Before going keto these Ceaser Salmon Patties were one of our favorites, however the breadcrumbs make this a no go for keto. I have been working for a while to create a really delicious crispy salmon patty. I’ve finally got it! Lots of recipes use crushed pork rinds in place of breadcrumbs, but I have never been a fan of pork rinds so I wanted to find a substitute. This recipe uses a combination of almond flour and coconut flour. Now, before you think about just using one let me explain why both is necessary for this recipe. The almond flour is a good course binder and it does help create the crispy texture when they are fried. However, alone it doesn’t absorb all of the moisture and without it these patties are still delicious but they simply fall apart. So, don’t substitute anything else stick with the combination for the best results.
The flavor of these crispy keto salmon patties is a bit cajun. The addition of chopped green onions, jalapeño and Old Bay seasoning adds a nice complex flavor that you will love. We dip these in a low carb jalalpeno ranch dressing and the flavor combination is out of this world!
If you’ve never made salmon patties watch this video for the best tips and a super easy way of patting them out with no mess! We served this with a simple garden salad, but they are extra delicious with these Crispy Zucchini Fries (recipe coming next!)
- 6 ounces of Salmon, I use the Boneless, Skinless Pouch from Chicken of the Sea
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay, or your favorite Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl combine all of the salmon patty ingredients and mix until well combined.
- All the mixture to rest for 5-10 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb any extra moisture. If you have excess moisture allow the mixture to sit a little longer in the refrigerator.
- Using a 2 inch scoop, scoop the mixture out into 5 equal patties and pat out. See video for a helpful tip.
- Place the patties in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add 3-4 tablespoons of oil.
- Carefully slide the patties into the hot oil. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from heat and sit on napkins to absorb an additional oil.
- Enjoy with a low carb Jalapeno Ranch or Tarter Sauce!
See recipe video for step by step instructions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 patty
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 29.4gCarbohydrates: 8.7gFiber: 4.3gProtein: 19.1g