These Keto Zucchini Fries are breaded with almond flour, parmesan, and spices, then baked until perfectly crispy! The best keto, low-carb side dish!
Sadly, I do not have a green thumb. I’ve tried to grow a vegetable garden a few summers and it has never gone well. This year, I did a lot of research and decided to keep it nice and manageable and so far everything is thriving!
My most successful plants so far are these massive zucchini plants! We have had zucchini at least every other meal since the beginning of June.
One of the ways we’ve been using up all of our homegrown zucchini is by making baked zucchini fries. You will love these crispy zucchini fries, they are absolutely perfect if you are swimming in zucchini too! If you’re looking for more ways to make use of your zucchini, check out this list of the 20+ of the Best Zucchini Recipes!
Ingredients for Keto Zucchini Fries
To make these low-carb zucchini fries, all you’ll need is:
- Low-carb ranch dressing
- Almond flour- I really like Anthony’s brand
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make Keto Zucchini Fries
This is an easy low carb, keto friendly side dish you will love!
My husband dipped the parmesan zucchini fries in ketchup, but I thought they were awesome in a low-carb jalapeño ranch. It complemented the spices and the parmesan just perfectly!
- To make these low carb fries , start by slicing your zucchini into thin fry shapes.
- Then, set up your breading station. You need one bowl with a beaten egg, and a second bowl with almond flour, spices and parmesan.
- Dip your zucchini in the egg, then the breading bowl.
- Place the breaded zucchini fries on a baking sheet and bake until crispy.
What to Serve with Zucchini Fries
Low-carb zucchini fries work great as a stand in for regular fries, so serve them with anything you’d normally pair fries with.
However, since coming up with keto meals can be tricky, here are some ideas:
- Blackened Chicken — This is great alone or on top of a big garden salad. Use the same low carb ranch you dip your fries in!
- Greek Salmon Kabobs — When I make these to go with the fries, I just leave the zucchini off the kabobs. This makes for a very low carb and super satisfying meal!
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings — One serving is only 2 net carbs. Yes, really. This is the perfect combo for a low carb + keto game day snack!
- One-Pan Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet — What is better than a burger and fries combo? A bacon cheeseburger and fries combo that is also keto!
- Steak and Eggs — This is about as low-carb as you can possibly get. You can cook your steak and eggs in one pan and it only takes a few minutes and it pairs great with zucchini fries.
Can This Recipe Be Made in an Air Fryer?
Yes, cook the fries at 390 degrees F for 7 to 9 minutes. However, this recipe makes a large batch so depending on what size air fryer you have it would take 5-6 batches to do this entire recipe. Just something to note!
Tips for Making Keto Fries
- This low-carb french fries recipe calls for parmesan cheese, but you can switch this for Asiago or any other hard cheese. You can use shredded or grated, both work great.
- I cook my parmesan zucchini fries on my favorite silicone mats. They ensure that nothing ever sticks and it makes clean up super easy.
- If you feel your fries aren’t browning or crisping up the way you would like, lightly spray them with cooking spray to help achieve a crispy texture.
More Keto Fries
More Keto Zucchini Recipes:
- Keto Lasagna Skillet
- Grilled Zucchini Mozzarella Wraps
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Keto Tuna Zoodle Casserole
Other Keto Recipes
If you are new to keto you can check out all of my favorite low carb recipes here. I also have a website dedicated to keto recipes with lots of great ideas, this Keto Fruit Pizza is one of my personal favorites! The most popular keto recipes on this site are my Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites (less than one net carb!) and this easy Taco Zoodle Casserole (under 6 net carbs per serving!)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of low carb ranch dressing, jalapeño ranch dressing or mayonnaise
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Prehat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice two zucchini into fry shapes (as shown in video)
- Pat the zucchini dry
- Set up your breading station by setting up two shallow bowls and a baking sheet with a silicone baking sheet or sprayed well with cooking spray.
- In the first bowl combine the egg and the ranch dressing, mix until completely combined
- In the second bowl combine the almond flour, spices and paremsan, mix well.
- Dredge the zucchini in the egg then the almond flour crust and place on the pan.
- Lightly spray the breaded zucchini fries with cooking spray to help crisp them.
- Bake 15 minutes, turn carefully with a fork and bake for 10 minutes more or until golden brown and crisp.
- Dip in ketchup or ranch dressing!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 19.7gCarbohydrates: 5.5gFiber: 2.3gProtein: 11.8g