You will love this Keto Tuna Casserole packed with zucchini noodles, a creamy cheese sauce, and chunks of tuna. This low-carb comfort food is only 3.4 net carbs per serving and will become your new favorite!
Guys, this healthy tuna noodle casserole is one for the books. You are going to love this Keto Tuna Casserole!
Believe it or not, I am a total carb junkie. Have you seen that episode of Friends where Monica tells Rachel she has to do something because she owes it to her inner fat girl, then she says “I owe this to her, I never let her eat!” that is my relationship with carbs.I love them, but they just don’t love me. One of my favorite things before going on a keto diet was a good cheesy pasta or rice casserole. This Cheesy Chicken and Rice was my particular indulgence in my pre-keto days.
I wanted to recreate some of those good old classic flavors from dishes most of us grew up knowing and loving. So this cheesy tuna casserole is my first in a long list of keto comfort foods!
This dish is packed with zucchini noodles (I have a trick to prevent them from being soggy and watery), a creamy cheese sauce, and chunks of tuna.
Ingredients in Keto Tuna Casserole
For this healthy tuna noodle casserole recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Canned tuna
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar cheese
How to Make Keto Tuna Casserole
The key to this recipe is prepping your zucchini noodles. Zucchini is full of liquid, so you must pre-bake your zoodles to remove the moisture, otherwise your creamy cheesy sauce will turn out very watery.
- After you spiralize your zucchini and create your zoodles, place them in your baking dish.
- Bake zoodles in 10-minute intervals. Remove and stir every 10 minutes, continue baking at 10-minute intervals until the moisture has evaporated. Depending on the size and moisture level of the zucchini this may take between 10-20 minutes.
- Remove when moisture as evaporated and they have shrunk in size, but before they are brown or crispy.
- While the zoodles are baking, make the cheese sauce. Stir in drained tuna. Remove from heat.
- In a 9×13-inch pan, layer the zoodles, tuna cheese sauce, and remaining shredded cheese to the top.
- Bake until gold and bubbly.
Net Carbs in This Recipe
This dish is only 3.4 net carbs per serving and it is so satisfying! The casserole serves 6, so you can meal prep the recipe if desired.
What to Serve with Tuna Casserole
This creamy baked tuna casserole pairs nicely with almost any vegetable or salad. Here are some side dish ideas to get you started:
Tips for Making Low-Carb Tuna Casserole
- To add a keto friendly crunchy topping, just sprinkle some crushed pork rinds on top. It keeps the net carb count ultra low and will help give you that crunchy texture.
- Shredded chicken or canned salmon chunks can be used in place of the canned tuna, if desired.
- Make sure to use unsweetened almond milk, not flavored or sweetened.
More Keto Casserole Recipes:
- Keto Taco Casserole
- Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- Cheesy Cabbage Casserole
- Keto Spicy Sausage Casserole
- For the Zoodles
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- For the cheese sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can of tuna in water, drained
- For the top
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 mozzarella cheese
*Please watch recipe video for tips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In an 9x13 baking dish lightly spray the bottom with cooking spray.
Place the zoodles in the dish and spread out as much as possible.
Bake zoodles at 10 minute intervals. Remove and stir every 10 minutes, continue baking at 10 minute intervals until the moisture has evaporated.
**Depending on the size and moisture level of the zucchini this may take between 10-20 minutes. Remove when moisture as evaporated and they have shrunk in size, but before they are brown or crispy.**
While zoodles are pre-baking heat a medium size skillet over medium heat melt the butter, add the garlic, almond milk, heavy cream, cream cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Whisk mixture until it is smooth and cheese has melted, stir in drained tuna. Remove from heat.
In the 9x13 pan you pre-baked your zoodles in layer the zoodles, and tuna cheese sauce and remaining shredded cheese to the top. Bake 25-30 minutes until gold and bubbly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 20.6gCarbohydrates: 3.4gFiber: 0.1gProtein: 23.4g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole.
It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!