Try this One-Pan Keto Philly Cheesesteak Skillet for an easy low-carb dinner! This 20-minute meal is under 5 net carbs per serving and is loaded with ground beef, onions, peppers and cheese!
You guys really love one pan recipes! My One-Pan Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet and Green Chili Chicken are two of the most popular recipes on this site. If you check them out on Pinterest, you can find loads of photos and reviews.
I love when you all share your keto creations with me! I wanted to come up with some other ultra easy low carb dinners because let’s face it, sometimes dinner needs to require only one pan and 20 minutes of your time, right?!
Enter: this keto Philly cheesesteak casserole recipe. It’s made in a single skillet and comes together quickly. Win-win!
Ingredients in Keto Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
As usual, I’m keeping things really basic. Instead of a more expensive cut of meat, I’m using ground beef in this recipe.
You’ll also need a few more basic items, mostly pantry staples that I have listed below:
- Ground Beef
- Bell Pepper
- Cream Cheese
- Beef Broth
- Steak Marinade
- Spices: Onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Keto Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
This keto cheesesteak skillet is such a quick and easy recipe! Here’s a look at how it’s made:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Add the ground beef, onion and bell pepper. Brown the meat and drain off any grease.
- Add the cream cheese, broth, steak marinade and spices, stirring until the cream cheese has melted and a sauce has formed.
- Reduce the heat to low and top with shredded cheese.
- Cover the skillet and cook on low until the cheese is completely melted.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
Leftover low-carb Philly cheesesteak casserole should be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to five days. You can reheat by microwaving in 30-second intervals until warmed completely through.
You could also warm leftovers on the stove in a pan on medium heat, but be careful that the cheese doesn’t burn.
Philly Cheesesteak Skillet Sides
This is a really great simple recipe on its own, or wrapped in crunchy iceberg lettuce. It is a great dish to serve with a big garden salad, or my favorite zucchini fries.
Another low-carb side dish that would do well would be roasted green beans (olive oil, garlic, salt pepper) or Brussels Sprouts.
Can I Use a Different Protein?
Definitely! This low-carb Philly cheesesteak skillet would also be good with ground turkey, chicken, or pork.
If you really love the cheesesteak texture, you could thinly slice up a steak (I’d recommend ribeye or flank steak because they’re well-marbled and end up to be so tender) to use instead of the ground beef.
Can This Recipe Be Meal Prepped?
Yes, this would be a great option for meal prepping! If you plan to freeze this for later, I would follow the instructions up until the last step. Before putting the cheese on, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze up to three months.
To reheat, sprinkle cheese on top, cover loosely with foil and bake 20-60 minutes at 350 degrees. The cook time will vary depending on the size of the container and whether you are cooking it thawed or frozen.
Tips for Making a Keto Cheesesteak Skillet
- Use your favorite low-carb steak marinade. I use the brand Allegro.
- Also, if you want to add more steak flavor, you can increase the amount of steak marinade from 1 tablespoon to 2 tablespoons.
- If you have a large enough skillet, you’re welcome to double this recipe if needed.
More One-Pan Keto Recipes:
Since it is clear you guys love one-pan recipes, I wanted to share a few other options for you. It is always good to have a few easy recipes in mind for busy nights!
- One-Pan Cheesy Jalapeno Chicken: Savory chicken breast are swimming in a spicy cheese sauce, just 5 net carbs per serving.
- Keto Chili: I missed chili so bad this winter, but this hit the spot and it is only 8.5 net carbs per 1 1/2 cup.
- Green Chili Chicken Skillet: under 4 net carbs and ready in about 20 minutes.
- Easy Keto Steak Rolls: about 4 net carbs per serving and only a few ingredients needed.
- One-Pan Mushroom Swiss Chicken: this one is ultra low carb at about 2 net carbs per serving.
- Keto Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps: less than 4 net carbs per serving, also a good meal prep option.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about half of one small onion)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (about 1 medium bell pepper)
- 1 tablespoon steak marinade*
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
Add the ground beef, onion and bell pepper Brown the meat and drain off any grease.
Add the cream cheese, broth, steak marinade and spices stirring until the cream cheese has melted and a sauce has formed.
Reduce the heat to low and top with shredded cheese.
Cover the skillet and cook on low for 5-7 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
*Use your favorite low carb steak marinade. I use the brand Allegro. If you want to add more steak flavor you can increase this from 1 tablespoon to 2 tablespoons.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 31.5gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 495.8mgCarbohydrates: 5.3gNet Carbohydrates: 4.2gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 2gProtein: 54.2g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving.