Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is the perfect seven ingredient meal! With minimal prep and a short cook time this cheesy chicken casserole will be a new family favorite!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
It is no secret that tender chicken and crispy, salty bacon are a great pair! We love this combination on wraps and pizzas. However, if you want something a bit more filling that can be prepared in a pinch this Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is just the ticket.
This family friendly casserole recipe requires a few simple ingredients and is made in just one pan! This dish reheats well and is the perfect “dump and go” meal.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Ingredients
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. To get the complete recipe, just keep scrolling. Here’s what you’ll need to make the chicken and cream cheese casserole:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast and bacon
- Cheese: Cream cheese, Shredded Mozzarella and Cheddar
- Sour cream, Ranch seasoning, pepper and garlic powder.
How do you make Chicken Bacon Ranch?
As always, this is a quick overview of the steps involved for this recipe. The complete, printable recipe is below, just keep scrolling.
- If using large, thick chicken breasts, slice them in half lengthwise. This creates more uniform slices that will cook evenly. Season with garlic powder and pepper to taste, if desired.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, half the cooked bacon, ranch and mozzarella. Spread over the chicken.
- Top with the shredded cheddar and bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees F.
How do I know when Chicken Casserole is done?
The best way to tell when this cheesy chicken casserole is done is to check the chicken breast using a meat thermometer. When the thickest part of the chicken breast has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Can I make Chicken Casserole in advance?
Yes, this chicken bacon ranch casserole can be assembled and then wrapped in foil and chilled until ready to bake. This may add an additional few minutes to the cooking time. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the dish is cooked through.
Tips for Making Keto Chicken Casserole
- Use chicken breast that are fairly uniform in size and thickness, this ensures they will cook through at the same time.
- Adding 1/4 cup chopped green onions add great flavor if you want to mix things up a bit.
- I used shredded cheddar cheese, but Pepper Jack will make for a spicy twist.
- For another twist, you can use Spicy Ranch seasoning in place of regular ranch if you wish.
- Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature before mixing, it makes it much easier to spread over the chicken.
Can I double this recipe?
Absolutely! Use a 9×13 pan and double all of the ingredients for an easy recipe that will feed a crowd! This reheats very well so it is a great recipe to double and use for meal prep lunches throughout the week.
What to serve with Chicken Casserole?
- Veggie Fries: we love these crispy green bean, zucchini, and carrot fries! These recipes can be made in the oven or air fryer and they fit well within a low carb diet!
- Cauliflower Risotto or regular Risotto with Brussels Sprouts if you aren’t keto.
- Garlic Butter Cauliflower Mash if you are low carb, or Mom’s Mashed Potatoes if you want full on comfort food!
Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Cheesy Chicken Bake: a dump and go casserole for just 4 net carbs per serving.
- Broccoli Chicken Casserole: less than 5 net carbs per serving and never any leftovers!
- Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken: one pan and loaded with flavor!
- Mexican Chicken and Rice: one pan and ready in less than 20 minutes!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Garlic powder and pepper to taste (optional)
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon (divided)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the chicken breast in half lengthwise, so you have thinner more uniform slices of chicken. Place in a lightly greased casserole dish and season with garlic powder and pepper to taste, if desired.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, half the bacon, mozzarella and ranch seasoning. Mix well and spread evenly over the chicken breast.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese. Bake 30 -35 minutes until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Top with the remaining bacon when finished.
There is no need to add additional salt to the chicken, the Ranch seasoning, bacon and cheese add plenty of salt to the dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 Smothered Chicken Breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513Total Fat: 26gCholesterol: 211mgSodium: 613mgCarbohydrates: 2.8gNet Carbohydrates: 2.3gFiber: 0.5gSugar: 0.6gProtein: 61g