This Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken is a six ingredient supper that requires one pan and only 30 minutes to make! Each generous serving has just under 2 net carbs each!
It’s no secret… Chicken is clearly one of my favorite proteins. I love that it’s lean and healthy as well as naturally gluten-free and low-carb! I’m not a big fan of eating meat with bones, so the boneless, skinless chicken breasts are usually my go-to.
If you’ve been reading Best Keto Recipes long, you’ll notice that my new favorite thing is stuffing these delicious, simple chicken breasts with every type of creamy, cheesy fillings I can think of! These new Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts is exactly what I was looking for–Just a hint of spice in the creamy mixture and rubbed with delicious Cajun seasoning!
This recipe is so simple and convenient. It can be meal prepped, stored in the fridge, and then cooked when you’re ready for a super impressive meal that looks like it took all evening! It’s actually finished in 30 minutes, and I only use one single pan for a super easy clean up.
These are also super keto-friendly at only 1.8 net carbs each! You can serve a big, filling meal with some Roasted Broccoli and a Three-Cheese Keto Biscuit and still stay under 7 net carbs! You will absolutely love both the taste and the convenience of this amazing keto one pan dinner!
Ingredients Needed For Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken
You will find the exact recipe and instructions in the recipe card below, but this is a quick overview of what you will need:
- Chicken breast: small chicken breast are best in this recipe. However, if you can only find large chicken breast pound them thin before stuffing.
- Jalapeños: fresh, seeded and chopped jalapeños.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: Colby-Jack, or Pepper-Jack also works well
- Cream Cheese: full fat or reduced fat work.
- Bacon: Cooked, chopped bacon. To save time you can purchase cooked, bacon bits if desired.
- Cajun Seasoning: many varieties of Cajun seasoning are available in the spice aisle. Simply use your favorite Cajun, or all purpose seasoning in this recipe.
How do you make Cheesy Stuffed Chicken?
While your oven is preheating, combine the softened cream cheese with the chopped jalapenos, cheddar cheese, and bacon, then set aside. Butterfly each chicken breast (meaning you slice them open lengthwise but you don’t cut all the way through). Spread the cheesy mixture onto one side of the chicken, fold the other side over to cover, and then secure it closed with a toothpick.
Finally, sprinkle the Cajun seasoning on each side of the chicken and cook for 25-30 minutes on a greased baking dish, removing when the chicken is cooked through. That’s all it takes for this impressive, guest-worthy keto meal!
Tips for the BEST Stuffed Chicken:
- Make sure your cream cheese has softened to room temperature. This well help you incorporate the shredded cheese, bacon, and jalapeno into a smooth, creamy filling.
- If possible, don’t spread the cream cheese filling all the way to the edges. It will naturally melt out a little, so try to leave some space around the edges so that it doesn’t ALL melt out.
- Try to find four chicken breasts that are all the same relative size. This will help them cook at the same time and provides for a more even cook.
- If you are out of toothpicks, you can hold the stuffed chicken together with a dry piece of spaghetti. It may not hold if your chicken breast is super thick, but the thicker, straight pasta is actually pretty strong and a good substitute! You could also tie the chicken breast closed with a piece of butcher’s twine.
More Stuffed Chicken Recipes:
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
- Green Chile Stuffed Chicken
- Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken
Looking for more low-carb chicken recipes? Check out this list with 25+ Easy Keto Chicken Recipes!
- 4 small chicken breast
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped, seeded fresh jalapeño
- 1/4 cup chopped, cooked bacon
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (or your favorite all purpose seasoning)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- In a small bowl combine the chopped jalapeños, cheddar cheese, bacon and softened cream cheese, set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast lengthwise so that the breast folds open (be sure not to slice all the way through)
- Spread the cheddar mixture on one side of the chicken and fold the other side over, secure with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle the cajun seasoning on each side of the chicken. Place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 15.7gCholesterol: 64.5mgSodium: 941.1mgCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 1.8gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.9gProtein: 15.1g