This Creole Shrimp and Sausage Skillet is the perfect 20 minute dinner recipe! This dish is packed with smoked sausage, tender shrimp, and vegetables in a buttery cajun sauce!
Creole Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
Shrimp Creole is a classic cajun dish that we love! I have a tried and true recipe for One Pan Shrimp Creole that is a staple in our house! This dish packs all of that flavor, but is mashed up with another mega popular recipe on our site, Shrimp and Sausage Skillet!
This recipe features flavorful smoked sausage, tender shrimp, bell pepper, onion, celery, okra and tomatoes! It is simply seasoned with Old Bay, so you don’t have to mess with tons of individual spices, this is a one pan weeknight wonder you will love!
Ingredients for Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients needed for this recipe. For the complete recipe just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Sausage: Use your favorite variety, smoked sausage, andouille sausage or lower fat varieties such as chicken or turkey will also work in this recipe.
- Shrimp: thawed, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Vegetables: bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic, okra and canned tomatoes.
- Other ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, cajun seasoning and butter.
How to Make this Keto Shrimp Recipe
- First, combine all of the ingredients, except the canned tomatoes, in a large bowl and coat with olive oil and seasonings.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat and add nonstick spray. Add your seasoned ingredients to the skillet. Try to align everything in one layer, if you can. Everything will still cook through if you can’t, but this way you can get a nice sear on everything. Cook for three minutes, stir and add the drained tomatoes and butter, cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and the veggies are fork tender.
How do I know when this recipe is done?
This recipe cooks very quickly! The recipe is done when the shrimp has cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Tips for the best Cajun Shrimp
- Arrange everything in a single layer, if possible. You can also cook in batches if you don’t have a large enough skillet. This is an excellent recipe for a griddle if you have one handy.
- Do not add the canned tomatoes until half way through the cooking time.
- If you prefer your food to be extra spicy, step up the cajun seasoning! If you prefer your food a little more mild, even a small portion of the seasoning will add an excellent flavor
What if I don’t have Old Bay?
Old Bay is a very popular seafood seasoning. It is great in this recipe! However, if you do not have access to it simply use your favorite cajun seasoning blend. Alternatively, you can also use your favorite mild all purpose seasoning blend if you want to avoid anything with spice.
Can I use different vegetables?
Sure, this recipe uses vegetables that compliment traditional cajun flavors. However, you can use thinly sliced zucchini or chopped asparagus spears in this recipe and the cooking time will be the same. Just remember to cut the vegetables into nice bite sized pieces.
One Pan Recipes
- One Pan Shrimp Creole
- Steak and Shrimp Skillet
- Creamy Pesto Chicken
- Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
- Keto Chili
- Creamy Italian Sausage Soup
- 1 (14 ounce) package Smoked Sausage or Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 1 pound thawed shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup okra, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning*
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilis, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the canned tomatoes and butter, in a large bowl and coat with olive oil and seasonings.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat and add nonstick spray. Add the seasoned meat and vegetables to the skillet. Try to align everything in one layer, if you can. Everything will still cook through if you can't, but this way you can get a nice sear on everything.
- Cook for three minutes, stir and add the drained tomatoes and butter, cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and the veggies are fork tender.
This recipe works excellent on a Blackstone Griddle.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 21.6gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 8.2gNet Carbohydrates: 6.6gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 2.6gProtein: 24g