This Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skillet is the perfect 20 minute dinner! This easy keto recipe is packed with smoked sausage, cajun shrimp and tons of vegetables!
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
It’s no secret that I love simple, nutritious dinners. We had this Egg Roll in a Bowl earlier this week and these Sheet Pan Fajitas last week- I love these meals because they require very little prep, cooking time or clean up, all while helping me stick to my keto diet. This one pan meal is no exception! A generous serving is only 5.3 net carbs, making this a great keto dinner option!
Smoked sausage and buttery shrimp are combined with sweet bell peppers, tender zucchini and crunchy brussels sprouts in this perfect low carb meal! These ingredients are complimented by Cajun spices to make this meal pack a ton of flavor! You can easily cater this recipe to your personal preferences. Add more or less of the Cajun seasoning depending on how spicy you prefer your food, so you can be sure to please even your picky eaters!
One of my favorite things about this meal is how quickly it comes together. In only 20 minutes, this one pan meal is on the table. It doesn’t get much better than that! This dinner is perfect for busy weeknights. This Cajun shrimp recipe is also great for meal prepping- make a large batch over the weekend and then easily warm up for a healthy lunch!
Ingredients for Cajun Shrimp and Sausage
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients needed for this recipe. For the complete recipe just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Sausage: Use your favorite variety, smoked sausage, andouille sausage or lower fat varieties such as chicken or turkey will also work in this recipe.
- Shrimp: thawed, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Vegetables: Zucchini, Brussels sprouts, red bell pepper, red onion, minced garlic
- Other ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, Cajun seasoning.
You can increase or decrease the Cajun seasoning based on your preferred level of spice. You can replace it with your favorite all purpose seasoning, but I strongly recommend using at least a little of the Cajun seasoning. It adds a ton of flavor!
How to make this keto sausage recipe
This keto recipe is incredibly simple! Start by combining all of your ingredients in a large bowl, then coat them with olive oil and seasonings. Stir or toss to make sure every little piece is coated for a super flavorful meal.
Grab your skillet or griddle and warm it up on medium heat. Once it’s good and hot, spray with oil or other nonstick spray, then add your ingredients to the skillet. If possible, put it all in a single layer to get a perfect sear on each piece. If you can’t fit it in one layer, that’s okay, everything will still taste delicious!
Cook your veggies, sausage, and shrimp for 3 minutes, then stir and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Once the shrimp are pink and the vegetables are fork tender, the meal is ready to serve!
How long does this meal take?
Your whole family will love this easy weeknight dinner. From start to finish, this meal will be on your table in less than 20 minutes! This keto meal also provides a large portion of your day’s protein and fiber. This recipe is also great for keto meal prep- prepare on your weekend and enjoy all week long!
How many carbs are in this Cajun Shrimp?
A large serving of this keto skillet meal is only 5.3 net carbs! This is an excellent meal for low carb meal prep, it makes a ton and the carbs are kept at a minimum.
Tips for the best Cajun Sausage
- Arrange everything in a single layer, if possible. You can also cook in batches if you don’t have a large enough skillet. This is an excellent recipe for a griddle if you have one handy.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe if you’re cooking for a crowd!
- For extra flavor, you can marinate your shrimp using this recipe
- If you prefer your food to be extra spicy, step up the Cajun seasoning! If you prefer your food a little more mild, even a small portion of the seasoning will add an excellent flavor.
What should I serve with this one pan sausage and veggies?
I served this meal with some Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits, but these Keto Three Cheese Biscuits or Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks would also be delicious! A Keto Salad Bowl or this Simple Arugula Salad with Parmesan are the perfect accompaniment to any dinner table. For dessert, try this easy Air Fryer Brownie, Lemon Cookies or Keto Brownies with Frosting!
How to Store and Reheat this Shrimp and Sausage recipe
To store, simply place in the fridge in a glass or plastic container with an airtight lid. This meal will keep fresh for up to five days. To reheat, just put in the microwave and warm in 30 second increments until your desired temperature is met. You could also warm on the stove top or in the Air Fryer.
More One Pan Meals
More easy keto recipes
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
- 1 14 ounce package Smoked Sausage or Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 1 pound thawed shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups zucchini sliced
- 1 cup sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning*
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Spray with cooking oil. Add the meat and veggies to the skillet, trying to place everything in a single layer if possible.
- Cook the veggies 3 minutes without tossing, stir and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until the shrimp is pink and cooked through and the vegetables are tender.