This delicious Keto Milkshake is just 4 net carbs and the perfect blend of chocolate and peanut butter! This low carb sweet treat is the perfect keto friendly dessert.
This Keto Milkshake is a perfectly creamy mixture of chocolate and peanut butter — Exactly what you need on a hot day or to celebrate making it through a tough week. Using a keto-friendly ice cream (my favorite brand is Rebel) makes this a super easy, quick dessert.
This recipe comes together in under 5 minutes with just 4 ingredients! You can easily customize this to make your favorite milkshake, matched perfectly for your preferences. I’ve even included 9 other combinations down below, so you’re sure to find something perfect for you!
This easy dessert is super kid-friendly and is nearly impossible to distinguish from a sugary, carb-filled shake from a restaurant! Just blend your ingredients together, pour, and serve for the ultimate movie night dessert.
Ingredients for a Keto Shake
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need. For specific amounts, keep scrolling down to the printable recipe card.
- Keto ice cream : I used Rebel’s Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
- Almond milk : Unsweetened
- Peanut butter : You could use almond butter or leave it out entirely if you prefer.
Are milkshakes keto?
Usually, no. Milkshakes are made with ice cream and milk–Both of those are normally high in carbs! However, I used Rebel’s keto-friendly ice cream and almond milk for a low-carb milkshake recipe. After subtracting the fiber and sugar alcohols, this drink comes to just 4 net carbs!
If you follow a strict keto diet, Rebel ice cream likely isn’t for you. However, if you fall into the “lazy keto” or low carb camp, Rebel ice cream is an amazing treat that you can work into your daily macros!
How to make a Keto Milkshake
This is so simple! Add all of your ingredients to a blender, and give it a whirl. Once it’s smooth and well combined, pour into your glasses and serve. Top with homemade whipped cream (try this espresso whipped cream!) and sugar free chocolate syrup for a restaurant-worthy dessert.
Can I make milkshakes ahead of time?
Milkshakes have the best texture immediately after blending. If you make this ahead of time, it can melt in the fridge. If you freeze it after blending, it will get too hard and not be the super smooth drink you want. I wouldn’t recommend making this ahead of time.
Keto Milkshake Flavors to Try
Rebel has many different ice cream flavors that you can try! They range from 4-8 net carbs per pint, so different flavors and ingredient additions/subtractions will change the nutritional values. Here are some flavor combinations I want to try next!
- Salted Caramel – Use the Salted Caramel Rebel ice cream, skip the peanut butter, and top with this Keto Caramel Sauce.
- Orange Creamsicle – Use the Orange Cream ice cream, skip the peanut butter, and crumble one of these Orange Creamsicle Keto Cookies on top.
- Keto Reese’s – Use the Chocolate or Vanilla ice cream and mix in crumbled 3-Ingredient Almond Butter Cups.
- Coconut Mocha – Use the Coconut Almond Swirl ice cream, skip the peanut butter, and top with Coconut Mocha Bark.
- Mocha Chip – Use the Coffee Chip ice cream, skip the peanut butter, and top with Espresso Whipped Cream. For an even stronger coffee buzz, freeze coffee into ice cubes and use those!
- Strawberry Cheesecake – Use the Strawberry ice cream, skip the peanut butter, mix in Sugar Free Strawberry Sauce, and top with a Cheesecake Strawberry.
- Snickerdoodle – Use the Snickerdoodle ice cream, skip the peanut butter, crumble a Keto Snickerdoodle and drizzle with Keto Caramel Sauce.
- Chocolate Turtle – Use the Butter Pecan ice cream, skip the peanut butter, and mix in Keto Ganache and Keto Caramel Sauce.
- Coconut – Use the Vanilla ice cream, skip the peanut butter, add toasted coconut and vanilla, and top with Keto Caramel Sauce.
What to serve with a Keto Milkshake
I love the combination of a salty snack with a sweet milkshake! Try Keto Pretzel Bites with Cheese Sauce or Keto Mozzarella Sticks for a good appetizer or movie snack with your milkshakes. Get that classic diner feel by serving a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger and some Keto Fries (or these Crispy Green Bean Fries would be delicious, too)!
More Keto Drinks:
More Keto Desserts:
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Air Fryer Brownie
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- 1 pint Rebel Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Top with sugar free whipped cream and chocolate syrup if desired.
Remember, net carbs are calculated TOTAL carbs MINUS fiber and sugar alcohols.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 35.9gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 32gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 9.8gSugar: 2gSugar Alcohols: 18.2g